Rate my rust (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I got a Japanese UZJ100W-GNPGK.

Awesome truck I will do a build thread eventually.

Slightly concerned that the underbody appears to have painted or coated with something? Not entirely sure but some nuts and bolts appear to have black paint over them but there is zero overspray on anything which is confusing…

Rate this frame 0-10

B420FFBF-7328-4E70-9635-7FA2F5981785.jpeg
24499D47-9A2A-4C41-B57E-EEE907BD945E.jpeg
A416A2BB-C29C-478F-A135-178DCB282EDB.jpeg
9EDB0924-E3F5-4E51-86FF-6163FF3C5CAA.jpeg
1D9B5A14-BD8F-4F38-9AE7-A46783939011.jpeg

What rust, besides the hatch?

It does appear to have been touched up but done right. It's hard to tell. The spare tire area definitely looks painted over. Not necessarily a bad thing, previous owner probably touched it all up as the rust was just starting.

I'll take a slightly different take... what happens when you scrape at some of the places that have been painted, but also show a little texture or bumpiness? Are we looking at rust pained over or is it just the depth of the solution/paint applied? Tough to really tell from photos. Could be a very well preserved LC... or it may have rust under there that will bloom later. I am inclined to think the former, but a little detective work with a screwdriver should let you know for sure. Just be sure to re paint any scratches you create!

What rust dude?
Come to Calgary and check out a 1 year old vehicle. It will have more rust

Geez sounds like you hit a sore spot with a lot of us who have rust =] I see your just trying to make sense of what's going on. Topside of fuel filler tube is another sign of previous rust sprayed over since they couldn't get in that area but it's not necessarily a bad thing. Nothing looks to blotchy or cancerous , probably just sprayed over the first signs of rust . Either way, looks fine.

Last edited:
You're really asking about rust on you pics??

Last edited:
It's hard to tell what rust is there because of the paint/coating. I'd get a scraper and hit some of the areas that are bubbling. Overall it looks OK but that paint looks relatively new to me and could be hiding more substantial rust.

They were spraying rubberized undercoating here and there to keep things right. So send them a nice thank you card and then humbly bow to the LC gods, who bestowed upon an unwitting mortal the cleanest undercarriage ever.

Damn you got a oem swing out tire carrier mounted to the vehicle near the tail lights ? Post more pics of this gem

<Insert joke here about the rust being unbearable and to sell it to me>

Last edited:
Are we using Olympic style scoring?

Do the Russian and Ukrainian judges get a vote?

In my relatively rust free, “it snows maybe once in a decade” location, I do cringe a bit at some of the body rust pictures, but considering your location, that seems “rust free” to me…

ADAE7E56-BC9F-4804-A844-ECF4ED30D75C.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom