For Sale Rare Unique 1974 Toyota FJ40 Land Cruiser - One of a Kind- Extremely Clean! – (Tampa, FL) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Rare Unique 1974 Toyota FJ40 Land Cruiser - One of a Kind- Extremely Clean! – (Tampa, FL)

-

- This rare and unique FJ started its life as a Chassis and Motor that were purchased at a DEA Auction. – This truck was originally used to run drugs across the desert, which is how it ended up as property of the DEA.

- The Body is an Imported Very Rare Australian Soft Top - Hence the tie downs along the rear body and the drop-down tailgate.

- Originally came with soft doors but hinges were swapped to accommodate hard top doors and hard top.

- This unique Australian FJ40 Body is equipped with 2 gas tanks – extends driving range considerably and helps you from running out of gas!

- Entire Frame was completely torn down and Powder Coated during Frame-Off Build.

- Entire underside primed with DP40 Epoxy Primer - DP40 is a non-sandable epoxy primer. It is Very Good for Rust Protection.

- Wheel wells and bottom panels painted with Tex Coat Chip Guard.

- Custom Roll Cage and Power Steering done by BTB out of Henderson, NV – The Premier FJ Builder!

- FJ is garage kept.

- Please note: Hardtop and Doors are INCLUDED in this auction.

- Oil/Filter just changed- Running Amsoil Synthetic & Filter. I have only ever run Ethanol-Free Gasoline in this truck.

- The bottom side of this FJ looks outstanding and much nicer than most: SEE PHOTOS.

- Body was (off frame) when body was painted inside and out and under: SEE PHOTOS.

- Rebuilt running gear installed in frame during build.

- FJ is powered by a 1968 Chevy 327 small block motor fitted with Corvette Heads(to run unleaded gas) Edelbrock aluminum Intake, Headers & Electronic Distributor.

- Pete Jackson Gear Drive- not a stock timing chain so you get the hot rod wine and rumble and no timing lag - they hear you coming. If you want it quiet you can always put a stock timing chain back in it.

- Intake fitted with 4 bbl Holley Carburetor with Electric Choke.

- Motor Dressed in Chrome and Stainless Lines.

- Newer FJ 40 - 4 speed Manual Transmission.

- Toyota 4 Wheel Drive Transfer Case.

- Toyota Rear and Front End - fitted with 4:11 gears.

- Lakewood Scattershield Bellhousing

- Warn Locking Hubs.

- New Heavy Duty Axles – Heavy Duty Ring Gear & Pinion, Heavy Duty Bearings and New Seals.

- New Drive Lines and Yokes.

- 4 Wheel Power Disc brakes.

- GM Saginaw Power steering unit built and installed by BTB, as well .

- Stainless Steel Brake Lines.

- New Belts.

- New Pan Gasket.

- New Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ 35x12.50R15LT

- Swing-Out Spare Tire Rack with Matching New Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ Tire.

- 3 inch Rancho Lift with custom bent National Spring Company Springs.

- This FJ will climb a tree!

- 8,000 lb Warn winch to pull your friends out that drive Jeeps and Broncos.

- New Body Bushings and Tub Felts.

- New door rubbers installed.

- New window felts installed.

- New high back adjustable seats installed in front and factory FJ jump seats re-installed in the rear.

- Entire floor (Front & Rear) has RhinoLining.

- Included are pix of the vehicle with both Top On as well as Top & Doors Off. Super Swamper Tires shown in “Top On” pix are not currently on vehicle and are not included in auction.

- Bestop Bikini Top included.

- People love this FJ and it is an absolute head-turner! I get thumbs-up and stares everywhere I go in it!

- 11,800 miles on the restoration and it is kept clean. Actual Odometer Reading: 42110. It's not a show truck that lives on a trailer. A few minor paint chips and the norm you expect for a vehicle that is driven.

- Looks outstanding overall and much nicer that any FJ you see that gets driven: SEE PHOTOS.

- If it was any nicer you would not want to drive it and get it dirty.

- No Rust.

- No floor pan patch work. – All original body.

- No Body armor or diamond plate covering up the rust and rot like most have!

- See all Photos of Body and Bottom side - Frame - Wheel wells and so on. It speaks for itself - it's nice!

- Buyers more than welcome to inspect in person. I have nothing to hide, it is what it is, and it's nicer than most for sure.

- FJ has been up dated with all top quality high-end parts. Like I said I have nothing to hide (it's a nice one) Not a rust bucket and not a project in the works. It's done and turn-key ready to enjoy.

- This FJ is very clean Inside and Out -Top to Bottom.

- Clear title to buyer when paid in full & funds have cleared bank.

- All Factory VIN numbers and VIN plates intact. The original VIN number is also still on frame as it should be.

- Seller will hold vehicle in locked garage until buyer can pick up in person or have it picked up by auto transport

- Please do not buy now or make offer if you don't have funds on hand to pay for vehicle in full!

- No loans - No trades - No payments and No games. If your married check with the wife first before you buy.

- All sales final - clear title to buyer when PAID IN FULL by Certified Bank Cashier’s Check Payment Only.

- This FJ is a 40 year old classic and is street legal. Built as an off road toy with quality off road parts and can take you where others just dream of going.

- Contact me if you have any questions.

- Thanks for looking. Enjoy PHOTOS.

- $32,000 OBRO

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1602.jpg
s-l1604.jpg
s-l1605.jpg
s-l1607.jpg

nice truck but 32k might be a stretch.

I was wondering? can you blow some of that smoke my direction? :smokin:

see.... here is where is all falls apart......Australian Land Cruisers(even the bodies).........are RIGHT HAND DRIVE!

but really you had me at DEA......:cheers:

It's a "unique Australian body" that's why it's LHD!!!

Just reiterating what I was told from the guy who built the truck originally. I had never seen a LHD Aussie, but hey, I'm no expert on the FJ's. But I do want to thank you all for offering a newbie such a warm and inviting welcome into the forum. I'll be sure to steer clear of future encounters with such a wolf pack lurking in the forums just salivating to attack anyone who makes a wrong step. Much appreciated!...No, really!

Now that you've proved your superiority in all things FJ and completely ruined any opportunity to sell the vehicle here, ad is officially retracted and truck is no longer up for sale. Job well done, fellas!

So are your saying you did not build this rig?

Color me shocked.

It's almost like your a car saleman.......

Wrong AGAIN Oh Great & Powerful OZ. Just a guy with a truck that likes FJ's & bought one to drive for fun and now needs to let it go. But thanks for proving my original point.

jesssse what a buch of haiters... nice truck. someone spent a lot of time and $$ on this one good luck with sale.

not a haiter...by any means, its a nice Cruiser(not an FJ) but what was described in the add is not true in regards to the body.

jesssse what a buch of haiters... nice truck. someone spent a lot of time and $$ on this one good luck with sale.

i'll bite:

- so who did the resto? previous owner? If so did you get pics of the body condition pre- coverup paint and rhino liner?

- is the top gel-coated or matt black paint?

- A/C or heat reflectant installed with black top? or is this mainly for the Alaska - Siberian buyer?

- axles rebuilt? serviced?

-11k on resto parts......but how many k on engine lower end?

No intent to bash my friend. I always wish everyone well for a sale, good luck with yours! Now the chevy transplant just not my thing, more of a purist I guess!

Again good luck!

"NoOneUKnow, member: 94536"

- The bottom side of this FJ looks outstanding and much nicer than most :clap:

- Looks outstanding overall and much nicer that any FJ you see that gets driven :clap:

- No Body armor or diamond plate covering up the rust and rot like most have! :clap:

- I have nothing to hide. it is what it is, and it's nicer than most for sure :clap:

- Not a rust bucket and not a project in the works. :hmm:

- The original VIN number is also still on frame as it should be. :(

- If your married check with the wife first before you buy. :moon:

Noonetoknow, Don't you think as a newbie you started of the wrong way yourself !!

GlWS !

:cheers:

Last edited:
I am genuinely curious (I am very new), but is it standard practice when doing a restomod to drop an older (by 6 years, 68 chevy) into a 74 or 75 Cruiser?

is it me or are the rear tires very close to the front of the wheelwell?
what kind of rear shackles are those?

Honest question here, what's going on with the spring attachment in the very front? Is this a SOA?

Nice 40 GLWS...

Honest question here, what's going on with the spring attachment in the very front? Is this a SOA?

That's called a shackle reversal. You can google it up and get all the details.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom