SOLD Rare TRD Supercharged 1997 FJ80 with only 136k miles! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Mileage
Color
Black
Outside Link
https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/toyota/land-cruiser/2440017.html
1997 FJ80 with TRD Supercharger for sale. 136k miles and over $30k in receipts. Complete refresh down to seals in 2011 at 100k miles. Over $5k in recent work including alternator, radiator, tires, battery, packed bearings, oil change and fluid flush. No lockers, this is a street cruiser! As close to new as a 23 yr old modern classic can get. OEM radio included in sale.

Link to ad and YouTube Chanel for drive and walk around videos below. Happy to provide more details via pm.

BCE57AEA-EAF8-43FF-86C9-9105EBFC8487.jpeg

21C77F1E-1B81-431A-A5E0-31855553F577.jpeg

77289485-7B1C-4D64-AE91-DCAE6CE539B0.jpeg

B7793B0A-5BAE-4472-99F8-25BA89FFFCA3.jpeg

Last edited:
Wheels are correct for Collector's and 40th Anniversary trucks (grey "D" windows). Does it have an auto setting on the HVAC? If yes, it is a Collectors as the auto function was only available on 40th, Collectors, and LXs...

I think maybe by 97 all LC had the auto climate function.

It's been a long time since I sold my 40th, but (for what it is worth) the Wikipedia page still claims the 40th and Collector's included the auto function as a unique feature and I recall Wiki being a source I used to confirm what I thought I knew back then.

I got a 95 6M1 with cloth, factory paint (nice), zero rust, no accidents, new OEM engine (not rebuilt), lockers and totally baselined with a small lift, BP51's and 33's.

I will take $45k. :smokin:

Cheers

My '97 does not have the auto function and is not a Collector's edition, fwiw.

Weighing in here - I agree that the $45k is way overmarket given some of the previously noted items (i.e. prior accident, color change); my thought would be mid-$20k'ish on a good day. Nice truck, and while the supercharger is a "nice to have" it wouldn't push me over the current market value. Just my $0.02

Regardless, GLWS, and I do hope that you get your $45k!

This LC is on its way to the Omaha area to my garage. The seller was nice enough to mention he had spot checked his valuation on the forum, so was interesting to read the comments. You guys had it pegged pretty fairly.

Joined the forum as this is my first LC, or Toyota for that matter, thanks already to some for their local shop advice.
Won’t be a daily driver, but plan on keeping her for a while.

My wife has already called this my Covid-purchase (Our house got hit and we are in quarantine recuperating - I blame low O2 sats on this purchase, lol).

Cheers-

This LC is on its way to the Omaha area to my garage. The seller was nice enough to mention he had spot checked his valuation on the forum, so was interesting to read the comments. You guys had it pegged pretty fairly.

Joined the forum as this is my first LC, or Toyota for that matter, thanks already to some for their local shop advice.
Won’t be a daily driver, but plan on keeping her for a while.

My wife has already called this my Covid-purchase (Our house got hit and we are in quarantine recuperating - I blame low O2 sats on this purchase, lol).

Cheers-

Welcome to MUD

Superchargers are fun. Of course all LCs are the best! I'm glad this sale worked out for you both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom