Rare cruiser sighting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Saw a Dune beaige 4/84 FJ40 in a garage lot nearby. It was being transshipped somewhere. Looked completely stock and unrestored with no meaningful corrosion in any of the likely places. It had stock chrome bezel, chrome bumperettes, plaid cloth seat covers, and full float rear axle - no cable lockers though. It was a beautiful sight. It's obviously been imported, maybe through Boston. Does it belong to anyone on the list?

Bill

left or right hand drive?

thats a real late model 40.

Landpimp said:
left or right hand drive?

thats a real late model 40.

Left hand

LHD and with the chrome goodies, i would say it came from the middle east.

were the seats pin striped or were they cover? the LX fj40 had the pin striped cloth seats as stock.

Landpimp said:
LHD and with the chrome goodies, i would say it came from the middle east.

were the seats pin striped or were they cover? the LX fj40 had the pin striped cloth seats as stock.

That was my feeling too, given that it's LHD and what rust it had it could have gotten on the boat ride over. The seats were pretty worn, but I remember them as a red and blue pin stripe in a plaidish criss cross, maybe the were OEM.

Bill

I saw that one on Ebay a few weeks ago. I was wondering if it sold and for how much. Anyone know what's involved ($$) with getting a cruiser here from Saudi Arabia? I watched that SOR clip about their trip and I was wondering what they'd bring back.

His conversion from km to miles is off, it's actually 47645.56 original miles. I'd sell all that chrome s*** to Marks Offroad...he likes the shiney stuff.

Even though it's one of the nicer unmolested original FJ40s I've ever seen, I would think that 22K$ is too much for that truck. However, I'm stunned at what my neighbors' houses are selling for, how much a gallon of gas costs, how much Spector wants for parts, how much a share of Google stock sells for . . . I guess it's worth whatever someone will pay for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom