Rare Accessories (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

was this rare ,radiator wind shutter , i have never seen one before

epc (Medium).JPG

I have a couple crusty screens from my cold spec BJ42s. Not sure what else was part of that package, but it can probably be found here somewhere.

Back referencing the part number for the shutter (53180‑90300), it seems like this entire package only appeared on trucks with the B diesel. It was found in JDM trucks (BJ42, BJ44, BJ46), from 1980~'84, on LHD European-spec trucks (BJ42 and BJ45) from 1980~'84, and then on Canadian spec. trucks (BJ40) from 1976~'80, and (BJ42) from 1980~'84.
shutter.jpg

Do you have the part number for these mirrors?

Thread dredge:
:eek: HJ47th, my apologies as I had erroneously said the fire truck was a j4 series, it was in fact a fj61 - see the reply from my mate who did the conversion and some interesting stuff related to the cooling of the PTO currently under discussion.

I think your mate was referring to the water pump attached to the center PTO, not the engine water pump, to provide the cooling water for the "PTO Cooler". He states that it was not possible to run the PTO, ie the water pump, without the cooler working. The temp of the pump water would be MUCH lower than the temp of the coolant in the engine. This setup would make much more sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom