Raptor lining 100 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have found a cruiser that I absolutely love! I really like Bedliner. I don’t like how it is chunky. The cruiser I found isn’t chunky yet it holds a strong good looking texture. Has anyone done this themselves? I got a quote from line-x and starting cost for my cruiser would be $ 4,500. And I just don’t have that kind of money. If anyone has any wisdom on this topic it will be very appreciated.the photo is the cruiser I am wanting to match color and texture.

21FA27FC-0A3F-4CC7-8E10-30CFF490B271.jpeg

334C4EBE-50F3-4E27-9C8E-DE87F36D4FFB.jpeg

Yes, someone in the 80 series forum did this to his monster of a truck. Go search over there, it was Monster Liner and a very similar color to what you posted. Not nearly $4,500. IIRC it was like $800? But I think he had the equipment already.

I do believe you guys are right about it being Monstaliner on that 100. I saw that truck in person and it was REALLY well done, could not tell the difference between that job and something a shop would charge thousands of dollars for.

I just got my first kit of black Monataliner for my hood. After I get that done, I'm going to do the rest of the vehicle in gray. I like the look and Monataliner is durable and not excessive $$$

I too am doing Raptor eventually. Just need a place to do it that isn't my garage. I raptor lined my KISS drawers with the roll on kit and it was messy to say the least, about as bad as a standard paint job as far as overspray goes I'd guess.

@Beanzermin and I chatted too. I think he used around 12 liters of Raptor to do his LC.

Bedliner on your truck is pretty much a “forever” decision. Better pick a color and texture you really like.

Video about the SEMA built 100 referenced in the OP's pictures. Skip to 7:50 to hear them talk about the finish. Cost sounds like it runs about $800.

Agree with @abuck99 be careful what you choose. For me bedlining a truck is a dodgy decision in most cases. However when done well and for the right reasons it can be the right thing. See this thread

That truck sees a lot of offroad pinstriping action, the bedliner is impervious in that situation and consequently makes a lot of sense

If you decide to camo, check out redleg camo dot com. They have some awesome stencil kits that would look great on a cruiser.

Also look up Monstaliner. There is a thread in the Paint section... There is also a guy in the 80s forum that did this to his truck (he's based in Sac, can't think of his name for the life of me right now) and a few others in different forums. The problem with a lot of liners is that they are not UV Stable, which MonstaLiner is supposed to be.

Most of the DIY installs I've seen look ugly, especially up close.

I did raptor on my trailer and I can agree with this. From about 5-10ft away it looks great, but up close you can really see the inconsistency in the texture. It's not awful, but I would definitely only do this to my truck if the paint was a total lost cause and even then, id probably have it sprayed again with the factory color. Nothing like opening doors and seeing a totally different color in the jams

A DIY Roll On monstaliner Kit will probably be like $350. I am about to order a kit in Light Quartz Grey for my champagne pearl 100. The results tend to be smoother with the roll on application because texture is applied more consistently. You have much more texture control with a spray gun, but unless you get a really smooth application it'll look streaky.

I did raptor on my trailer and I can agree with this. From about 5-10ft away it looks great, but up close you can really see the inconsistency in the texture. It's not awful, but I would definitely only do this to my truck if the paint was a total lost cause and even then, id probably have it sprayed again with the factory color. Nothing like opening doors and seeing a totally different color in the jams
I agree. Look at the couple 60s that Jason (@TRAIL TAILOR ) has done with the Monstaliner. The texture/look is really reliant on how much work you put into it and the method that you use to put it down. The Shutz gun seems to be the better way of doing things as it will give a more consistent and cleaner look, but you will never get it completely flat. Best I have seen is near flat with a good amount of orange peel (compared to a normal paint job) but that is as flat as it would lay out.

Worth mentioning, make sure you prep the surface, don't want rust hiding out underneath.
And this cannot be stated with enough emphasis. Prep is 100% going to determine how well the job comes out and lasts, even @magnetman has stated as such.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom