Raptor good or bad for value? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I find myself shying away from anything with liner on it so funny I'm considering it. Thinking just the bottom and wheel wells. Mostly the durability in the wheel wells is what is appealing. I've heard both sides of it...good bad, purist, blasphemy, etc. Obviously if everything is documented with before pics it helps down the road if you ever had to sell.

Generally speaking, bad.

Lots of stuff about this in the 80-series section. It was real popular on 80’s 5-10yrs ago. Now people are stripping it and it one big job.

Cheers

Raptor is more like thick paint than bedliner. I dont worry about it on junk paint because its easily sandblasted off.

Which ones from rock auto off a 92? It seems like there are multiples and I apparently have already bought the wrong ones haha.

There are some that are 10in x 1-31/32 IN. Would those fit?
Same thing with Linex?

the linex on my ram is a rubber coating. Easily 10x as thick as raptorliner.

Raptor is more like thick paint than bedliner. I dont worry about it on junk paint because its easily sandblasted off.

Agreed, I put Raptor underneath after seam sealing and painting because it adds protection and comes off pretty easy. Linex is much harder. Haven't tried to remove it, but had it on my Tundra bumper. I abused it and it held up crazy well.

So raptor is like a thicker textured paint? And it will for sure blast off? I was thinking it was like regular liner just tintable
Hey GRM, you have blasted it off before? If that's the case I would feel better about using it

So raptor is like a thicker textured paint? And it will for sure blast off? I was thinking it was like regular liner just tintable
Hey GRM, you have blasted it off before? If that's the case I would feel better about using it

Its like a thick textured durable paint.

I have not blasted it off, but we use it on equipment at work and the guys will hit it with a wire wheel to weld, then touch up the spot.

I dont worry about it on junk paint because its easily sandblasted off.
I would not say ”easily”.

This is interesting. I haven't heard of anyone saying Raptor was bad for value. I used it on a build inside and under the tub to A) seal all the clean new seams with a protective barrier and B) to protect the rear floor frame scratches and surface rust. (helps keep things from sliding around in the back.)

Besides that, it's easy on the eyes and knees.

In my view Bad for value if put on over problem areas on an urestored rig. It would not be a negative to me on an obviously fully restored rig.

I agree with Rainman
It’s good to provide some extra durability and protection but it’s definitely not like rhino liner or linex. I used it on mine just like Rainey did on his. It’s easy to apply and touch up yourself and if you need to remove it somewhere down the line it’s not going to be a life changing experience.

I had half doors with it. I sanded them down with a DA sander in no time. Came off quite easily.

I find myself shying away from anything with liner on it so funny I'm considering it. Thinking just the bottom and wheel wells. Mostly the durability in the wheel wells is what is appealing. I've heard both sides of it...good bad, purist, blasphemy, etc. Obviously if everything is documented with before pics it helps down the road if you ever had to sell.
200.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom