Ranger overdrive going into a '86 fj60 snafu (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just wanted to let you guys know that apparently the 4 speed in the '86 model years could have the larger diameter input shaft bearing. Mine did. The Advance Adapters website notes the '87 model year transmissions could have one of two size bearings so I thought I would be good to go when ordering the unit. I'm working with the tech department at AA to correct the issue. Super helpful crew down there.

Just wanted to let you guys know that apparently the 4 speed in the '86 model years could have the larger diameter input shaft bearing. Mine did. The Advance Adapters website notes the '87 model year transmissions could have one of two size bearings so I thought I would be good to go when ordering the unit. I'm working with the tech department at AA to correct the issue. Super helpful crew down there.
That sucks, I'm glad AA is working with you. Good luck and keep us posted.

That sucks, I'm glad AA is working with you. Good luck and keep us posted.
I'll have the correct rear plate on Monday. AA did an even swap and were super quick getting the correct one routed to me.

So I finally got the correct bearing plate this past Monday and got the motor and trans mated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom