Random Picture Thread

I got this in searching where Makita is made.

operates factories in Brazil, China, Japan, Mexico, Romania, the United Kingdom, Germany, Dubai, Thailand and the United States.
Yeah, used to be a quality Japanese made brand, now seems like its made by the lowest bidder.

I have 30 year old Japanese made Makita stuff from early in my apprenticeship that has outlasted replacements made in many of those other places

Yeah, used to be a quality Japanese made brand, now seems like its made by the lowest bidder.

I have 30 year old Japanese made Makita stuff from early in my apprenticeship that has outlasted replacements made in many of those other places
that's a true story. i've the same experience with them.

thatcabledude

SILVER Star

I got this in searching where Makita is made.

operates factories in Brazil, China, Japan, Mexico, Romania, the United Kingdom, Germany, Dubai, Thailand and the United States.
My old stuff said/says japan.
image.jpg

It ain’t that white colored junk. It was daily used for over 10 years. Now it’s weekend warrior stuff at the house.

China made Hitachi set is daily use now.

My old stuff said/says japan.
View attachment 2315898
It ain’t that white colored junk. It was daily used for over 10 years. Now it’s weekend warrior stuff at the house.

China made Hitachi set is daily use now.
All of it used to be made in Japan.
I remember buying a new electric plane because my 15yr old original was getting a little bit tired.
The new one sounded completely different straight out of the box. So much so, it was a WTF moment. Looking over it, I noticed made in China on the tag.
Within 12 months, the new plane stayed in the tool box and the old tired unit was the weapon of choice. Still have it.

So many examples of makita falling short on their old reputation

Spook50

Why am I here?

They need to rename their product after the Chinese city it’s manufactured in.
As anti-China as I am, I checked before buying any Milwaukee stuff, and it's actually made in Greenwood, MS. Their parent company though is Techtronic, which is Hong Kong based. Not gonna lie it blows my mind that the tools actually ARE still made in the US. I hope it stays that way for a long time. We desperately need to cut ALL economic and trade ties with China and let their government fall.

As anti-China as I am, I checked before buying any Milwaukee stuff, and it's actually made in Greenwood, MS. Their parent company though is Techtronic, which is Hong Kong based. Not gonna lie it blows my mind that the tools actually ARE still made in the US. I hope it stays that way for a long time. We desperately need to cut ALL economic and trade ties with China and let their government fall.
I had a look at labels on a couple of mine today after Big Ed's post. Mine are labelled made in China

Big Ed

SILVER Star

From an Internet search.

Only some of Milwaukee’s products are made in the USA. According to their website, they also have manufacturing facilities in China and Europe. Their main American facilities are in Brookfield, Wisconsin and three cities in Mississippi: Greenwood, Jackson and Olive Branch.

However, their most popular products are made overseas for now. Most models of their cordless power drills and circular saw are made in China. We are currently investigating the rest of their product catalog to find out what other specific Milwaukee products are made in the USA versus China and other countries. We will update this article with more product specifics when we have them!

Another one that the tree didn’t want to cooperate. I haven’t tried this, I’m tempted. I’ve had trees leaning the opposite way I want them to go, and wasn’t able to do anything about it.

View attachment 2316105
Interesting idea.
You'd probably still need to weigh up the consequences if it still goes the way you don't want it to

Mauser

Supporting Vendor
The spiders have finally hatched. These are baby orb weaver spiders that have finally hatched. Their mother "Mildred" lived next to my garage door last summer. She was just a tiny bit bigger than these when I found her. The kids loved throwing crickets into the web and watching her eat. I can't find a picture, but she was about the size of a silver dollar.
MVIMG_20200522_080056.jpg

Top Bottom