Random Picture Thread

cruiserdan

SupportingVendor Emeritus

Land Cruiser Heritage Museum broom closet
Joe Kantana brings them in all the time, but most in the market are RHD. However I don’t actually care to much for the shorties. You’ll sell it no problem I’m sure, they are a pretty loved rig.

Joe does bring in LHD trucks. However he would not be able to bring in a genuine BJ74 as they were never built in left hand drive. They were only available in Japan and Australia.

Joe Kantana brings them in all the time, but most in the market are RHD. However I don’t actually care to much for the shorties. You’ll sell it no problem I’m sure, they are a pretty loved rig.
i dont think Toyota ever made a LHD BJ74. BJ73, BJ71, BJ70 yes but not the BJ74. Could be wrong though.

this rig now that it came back from Canada to be completely rewired (correctly) and many other things is done of the best put together 70series ive seen.
i'll definitely miss her, but i need to thin the herd.

The Jade Bean

Hobby coffee roaster and Toyota junkie.
SILVER Star
Joe does bring in LHD trucks. However he would not be able to bring in a genuine BJ74 as they were never built in left hand drive. They were only available in Japan and Australia.
i dont think Toyota ever made a LHD BJ74. BJ73, BJ71, BJ70 yes but not the BJ74. Could be wrong though.

this rig now that it came back from Canada to be completely rewired (correctly) and many other things is done of the best put together 70series ive seen.
i'll definitely miss her, but i need to thin the herd.
My bad, shows what I know. I get much of the numbers mixed up.

dieseldog

She idles just fine . . .
GOLD Star

So that’s the one then between the two? Makes more sense. A local and friend sold his shorty and bought one of those now that I think about it.
There's the SWB, MWB, and LWB. The LWB are pickups or troopies. And then there's the more modern versions that are 4-door, etc. But that's the basics.

cruiserdan

SupportingVendor Emeritus

Land Cruiser Heritage Museum broom closet
yup. it was done by a mud member in here. The guys in Canada said they couldn't have done a better job at the swap and actually took some things away they might use.
i also had pretty much EVERYTHING rebuilt...ask Beno.

i did drive it today...i'll miss her

Ah yes, Roger's truck. Very cool. That will make someone very happy.

My tractor mechanic friend told me a farmer did this, but forgot that he had taken the oil drain plug out and found the oil frozen. As soon as the fire made the oil liquid again, it dropped into the fire, burning the whole tractor.
that'd certainly be an "oh f%&k" moment

Ah yes, Roger's truck. Very cool. That will make someone very happy.
He did a good job with a lot of things, especially the conversion. However, i spent thousands making sure it was right. The wiring was seriously dangerous and has been completely fixed after three years of trying. Finally found the right shop, in Canada, to fix it. Also rebuilt pretty much everything in the engine bay.
Roger really did a top notch job on the conversion and the truck is probably the best BJ74 running around the US today.

Top Bottom