Random Picture Thread

NMC_EXP

SILVER Star

are the potholes supposed to be something man made?
I suspect they are completely natural features. Certain types of granite undergo at type of weathering/erosion that results in potholes and the shapes you see in the other photo. The name of that type of weathering escapes me at the moment.

Edit: type of weathering known as exfoliation.

Last edited:

troy scott

SILVER Star
Lot of people don't, but we like the high plains. It has it's own type of scenery.
i live in the flint hills of south east kansas and it is beautiful beautiful country. here we have rolling hills with big bluestem grass and also lots of hardwood trees rivers and creeks and farm ground too. miles and miles of country roads, lakes, cattle and the friendliest people on earth. i love the west was even born in arizona but i would never move from here :D
238.jpg
219.jpg
220.jpg
224.jpg
418.jpg

Late last night, while in the Kroger grocery store (in the northern suburbs of Atlanta), I stumbled upon a seemingly brand new display of an array of bread, shipped-in from France. After snapping the pic, I bought what seemed to be one of the first loafs taken from the brand new display. Yes. The bread is not only surprisingly really fresh, it is really, really good. -- What instantly caught my eye toward both the display & the packaging on the imported loaves of bread was the French bakery's name : which uniquely is that of my own.

8AADA14F-3B09-4BC9-BA88-BA3665A4A61F.jpeg

Late last night, while in the Kroger grocery store (in the northern suburbs of Atlanta), I stumbled upon a seemingly brand new display of an array of bread, shipped-in from France. After snapping the pic, I bought what seemed to be one of the first loafs taken from the brand new display. Yes. The bread is not only surprisingly really fresh, it is really, really good. -- What instantly caught my eye toward both the display & the packaging on the imported loaves of bread was the French bakery's name : which uniquely is that of my own.

View attachment 2057965
Your name is "Hot Dog Rolls?"

lt1fire

I like unusual vehicles. Another outfit I miss is an '86 M1009 CUCV with an M101A2 3/4 trailer. Both units were two owners: me and the Feral Goobermint. Bought them on auction from the govt.

That rig now works on the guest ranch managed by my brother in law outside Fort Davis Texas.

Oh yeah - there is an M416 1/4 trailer off to the side. Another govt auction two owner vehicle.

View attachment 2056737
Love those rigs. Still trying to find a cheap cucv pickup

NMC_EXP

SILVER Star

Love those rigs. Still trying to find a cheap cucv pickup
IMO the 6.2L Detroit gets a bad rap. It's a good engine if you don't abuse it.

The the GM CUCV vehicles are a little weird with the 24V starting circuit grafted on to the commercial 12V system.

I'd avoid anything with a bubba 12V conversion. It can be done reliably, it's called the Roscommon method.

I suggest you register on the SteelSoldiers website. There is a lot of great info there and you might find a truck for sale. On that site you can learn about the weak electrical links and how to permanently fix them.

Be advised, a few of the old timers on SS are hard to get along with. Act like a lifer motor pool Sgt giving a Pvt a hard time.

Top Bottom