Random lack of acceleration (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 1994 Landcruiser and recently it will randomly be real sluggish when accelerating from a stop. It seems like its after heavy acceleration, then stopping, and then accelerating again. Sometimes it will kick out of it immediately and sometimes I’ll have to pull over and shut off the vehicle. No current codes, but did recently reroute the vacuum lines because I believed it to be an EGR issue. Before changing the vacuum lines, I did have a code 71. Is it possible the EGR is still causing me issues?

I have a 1994 Landcruiser and recently it will randomly be real sluggish when accelerating from a stop. It seems like its after heavy acceleration, then stopping, and then accelerating again. Sometimes it will kick out of it immediately and sometimes I’ll have to pull over and shut off the vehicle. No current codes, but did recently reroute the vacuum lines because I believed it to be an EGR issue. Before changing the vacuum lines, I did have a code 71. Is it possible the EGR is still causing me issues?

Hard to say, could be a symptom of misfire, could be fuel related.

What specifically is your vacuum reroute.

Hard to say, could be a symptom of misfire, could be fuel related.

What specifically is your vacuum reroute.
2 vacuum lines from intake to egr modulator. One is looped to and from the intake and the other is to and from the modulator. Figured that would prevent the egr activating.

Hook it back up the way it was intended and see if the problem resolves. Its always the last thing you did!

Hook it back up the way it was intended and see if the problem resolves. Its always the last thing you did!
No the problem was happening before I changed it, hoping this would fix it. Actually before changing the vacuum lines it had a 71 code, but since has gone away by itself and turned the light off.

Fuel filter, when was it changed? I had the same thing happen on a boat I owned. Piece of rubber was caught in the fuel line and would flip up to block fuel flow when flow increased.

"Sometimes it will kick out of it immediately and sometimes I’ll have to pull over and shut off the vehicle."

@geads :

Can you define better "kick out of it" ??

What happens after you restart the vehicle?

Do the symptoms appear to be coming from the engine or the transmission (slipping, feel liks it's in neutral)??

What is the tachometer (rpm's) doing when this is happening??

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom