Random Immobilizer Starting Issue LX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Bought an LX that had one non-remote key working, and one remote that locked and unlocked the car but the case had broken and the blade was missing. I ordered a new case, had the blade cut, swapped the electronic guts over worked like a charm.....for 24 hours.

I have searched but can't find this exact issue popping up. When I first get in the car, the new key won't start it every time, just the remot-less key. But if I push the new key in and out 3-4 times, then turn it fires.

Any ideas what might be causing it to not get a signal the first time but then on 3-4 insertions?

Thanks in advance to anyone with info

Faulty key, not much more it can be. Is it genuine?
The electronics are that would signal the immobilizer to turn off. But the key blade is a switchblade style replacement. Seems weird it worked flawlessly for 24 hours and then started acting up but I'll take it in and see if they will cut another one for free and try it. Thanks for the advice

It's the transponder chip that does the immobiliser, it's not the electronics for the push buttons, I cannot open my keys to look as they are Molded but the transponder chip normally looks like a black wedge, make sure you swapped that over, or that it is in there. That might be dodgy info but every remote key I have had previously has had one of these wedge transponder chips. Or just try reprogramming it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom