Random chit chat thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Gary - I decided my perfect truck is the FZJ80 in my driveway. I love it and I think it's part of the reason I passed on the other one. Now I have cash to build it if I want.

Gary - I decided my perfect truck is the FZJ80 in my driveway. I love it and I think it's part of the reason I passed on the other one. Now I have cash to build it if I want.
Good decision. 80's are awesome all around land cruisers- comfortable, capable, and affordable!

My first time at GNC.
Friday I went into a GNC looking for ginger pills. We are taking a cruise this summer and I have never been on one and I can sometimes get motion sickness.
I got approached by one of the guys working in the store. He asks if I need help finding anything. I think to my self, great I have no idea where anything is. So I accept and tell him I'm looking for ginger pills because I'm taking a cruise and I've heard they are good for motion sickness. (google mythbusters and motion sickness) He shows me where they are and I ask if there are any others. (I expect there are several to pick from and want to see the difference in size, price and milligrams) He says he will check the computer and see what they have. Before we get that far he starts trying to upsell me and asks what kind of multi vitamin I take. He is now repeatedly using the word "man" saying things like "man this stuff works really good" and "this is what I take man." You get the idea. Hes now telling me how the multi vitamin will help boost my anti oxidents and and increase my absorbtion of my supliments. I polittly say I'm not interested. He then try's to upsell me with a thing that increases focus and will "get rid of my dead brain cells" and "get the bad air out of my system" I'm thinking to my self, this guy really needs to stop smoking dope, I bet he has killed more brain cells in the last week then I have in my lifetime. I say Im good and we go to look up the other products in the system. He finds 1 other and we go back to the same shelf we were just at. The other bottle was hidden behind a hanging display. Along with its price. one was 6.99 and the other was 14.49. After seeing that they were the same mg, size, ect. I decide on the 6.99 bottle. We go the the register. He asks if I want to pay with cash or credit. I say cash since I have a bunch and don't like using a card for small purchasses. Now I am informed that the only register that can take cash is in use. I wait for the guy in front of me to be checked out. The guy at the register, the supervisor? is chewing his fingernails. Finally I get to check out. He asks for my bonus card. I say I dont have one. Then he tryes to get me to sign up for one. Im thinking to myself, "yeah right, Im never coming back again" I tell him no thanks. Here comes the hard sell again. He says it will only take a few min to sign up. I explain that I am 36 and this is my first time ever in a GNC. He lets it go and moves on. I hand him a $20 bill and he gives me $5.51 back in change. I ask where the rest of my change is, and say I know that was 6.99 on the shelf. He looks at the receipt and says, "No, thats right" I walk over the the shelf and show him where it is 6.99 He then realizes that the 2 different bottles are in the wrong spots. I grab the other and say I want this one(the real 6.99 one) We head back to the register to "return" the other bottle. Remember I haven't left the store. I am asked for my full name, phone number and drivers license. I can't believe I'm being asked for all of this info to make this return. Then I'm asked for my email address. I reply "I don't have one" He looks at me dumbfounded for a few seconds then continues. Then he says to me "I'll just need to swipe your card to make the return." now I'm using the word man. "look man I paid with cash" I finally get my pills for the right price, get my change and get out of the store. Thinking to my self "what a bunch of fing morons" "i'm never going back there again" and These are the guys that "pick things up and put them down"

I hope you all get a laugh

Hahaha. Holy crap, you are way more patient than I am.

Yeah, me too. Half way through that exchange I would have been carpet bombing the F word all over GNC.

I've watched it on you tube. Some are great some are stupid. But even the stupid ones are funny.

My first time at GNC.
Friday I went into a GNC looking for ginger pills. We are taking a cruise this summer and I have never been on one and I can sometimes get motion sickness.

I hope you all get a laugh

From Idiocracy:

The years passed, mankind became stupider at a frightening rate. Some had high hopes the genetic engineering would correct this trend in evolution, but sadly the greatest minds and resources where focused on conquering hair loss and prolonging erections.

This is a relatively steep/loose hillclimb at Anthracite. This Jeep does it in reverse. Granted, the video is from Summer of 2014, and probably before the shelves appeared, it's still impressive. I don't think it would be remotely possible now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom