Rancho Shocks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What are your experiences with Rancho shocks--the 5000 and 9000? I am thinking about getting one model or the other. Thanks.

I've ran the 5000's for the last year and I've like them a lot. I'm doing an SOA so I will have to go with longer one. thinking of the 9000's but I think they are a little overpriced.

- Rico.

5000=stiff as hell. I had them on my 40 when I was SUA and they were harsh. The Doesch (sp?) Tech DT8000's on my dad's 40 are much nicer. No experience with the 9000's.

Had 9000's on my wagon for 4yrs. Never had a bit of
trouble with them. Never even adjusted the setting of
of 1 though. They are imo a very good shock. I think
they also are a good quality made shock.
my.02
JimK

currently my 60 has the 5000 and I like them. pretty smooth for the most part. My 40 used to have the same thing. I used them for a while until my friend and I started rebuilding it. It now has Procomp because he swore by them but I honestly don't know how they run as it is still in rebuild process. hope you like whatever you go with.

Save some money and just go with the 5000's, good shock for a good price.

I have 5000's on mine and they're ok. Had some Monroes on it when I bought it - 5000's were a big improvement. Will go w/ 9000's when the lift is installed. Remember, its only cash. :cheers:

Shocks today are very specialized and I won't pretend to think I know a fraction of what's out there. Here's my experience. Got Rancho RSX-5000 (Auto Adjustable- or so they say) on my TJ, I had Bilsteins on my FJ62 (my primary Baja Truck) and they road like c_ _ p, I took them off and put Old Man Emu Shocks on. I will be taking the Ranchos off the TJ soon for some Old Man Emu's (the Rancho's did well for five years but towing my M416 blew out the rears). 25 years of Baja driving and nothing rides better than the Old Man Emu's. Two years old now, no blown seals and seem to be holding up pretty good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom