Rancho Shocks on Stock 97 LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking at purchasing front & rear shocks for a stock height 97 LC. I am favoring the Rancho RS5207 (front) & RS5208 (rear) shocks. Are any of you currently using these or have in the past?
I do tow a 19.5ft that weighs approx 2900lbs.

Still on original coils too?

I ran the adjustable Rancho's before upgrading to OME stock height then my current OME 2.5" heavies. Used to tow 4000lbs too!

Shocks alone won't cut it with that weight and I wouldn't waste my money on just shocks again. From my experience, even if you want to stay stock height is to change out the coils and shocks together. You'll feel a VAST ride improvement over what is now bound to be a very soft and degraded ride from age on original shocks and coils. OEM and OME are both good choices.

If you tow regularly, I'd absolutely recommend throwing a set of Airlift airbags in the rear coils whether you replace your coils too or not. Great and inexpensive addition since you tow. Install them on separate air lines and you get less lean with the air bags separated.

Just my $.02 from experience.

I tow the boat about 4-5x per year no longer than 30 minutes one way.

Yes original coils, I bought it with 78k and now have 194k, pretty certain they are orig. coils.
I will look into the OME coils & shocks. And peek at the Airlift airbags too.

I would also look at the Ironman coils and shocks as well seems to be a viable option.

not to bash rancho, but I havent had very good luck with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom