Rancho RS9000XL (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Forum,

I'm having a slight issue....I just cancelled my Rancho shock order as I discovered that PartSource was going to sell me RS9000X for the front shocks and RS9000XL for the rear. (the XL's are the ones I want). While I'm not opposed to the 9000X's, they definetly don't look as cool as the big XL's and once ordered, PS told me they were non-returnable as they are a discontinued item.

So I started researching....it seems that Rancho does not list a 9000XL for the front of my BJ70. But looking through the sizing info from Summit Racing website, it seems that the RS999115 will work (13.25" Compressed, 20.625" Extended). These numbers seem about 2" too low based on my measurements, but they are they same lengths as the recommended RS9000X Shocks.

In summary here are the parts I am hoping to use:

Rear - RS999144 - 21.87" Ext, 14.25" Comp, Eyelet/eyelet
(as recommended by Rancho)

Front - RS999115 - 20.625" Ext, 13.25" Comp, Stud/eyelet
(not listed by Rancho as an option for my 70, listed for older Toy pickups)

All this being said....has anyone fitted the new Rancho RS9000XL shocks to their rig yet? My truck is stock...no plans on lifting it. 90% highway, 10% pipeline ROW.

I was also thinking their new wireless shock adjustment looked useful.

Cheers
D

I looked into Ranco myself, but was convinced to go Bilstine, I was told the auto adjust feature on the 9000 has a tendency to cease to function after not all that long...

Sorry bout the slight hijack, but thought it would be better to post in here instead of starting new post as this has to do with the 9000s.

Has anyone mounted them upside down (body up)? if so how did that work out?

Thanks.
Deny

PS Cruiser D if your measurments work out, there is no reason the shocks will not fit. If approximately the middle of the travel (depending a little on your suspension characteristics and driving style ie more droop, or you like to jump your cruiser) is equal to the ride height, then you should be good to go.

I had a set of the adjustable 9000 and they worked for the two years I had the truck, I didn't change the setting once I found what I liked so not sure if the adjusters worked after time, but initially I played with them all the time.

I've ordered a set of 9000XL's and the wireless remote adjustment doohicky.
I'll post up results and part numbers if it all fits!

i suspect you are the gent that called me last week... if not then you and that gent should get together (same ideas).

if you are ordering custom length shocks then go at least 1" over full compression measurement and at least the same or 2" full droop. the shocks that come with the OME, Dakar, Belton kits are too short. there is no way a shock should have to double as a compression or droop stop.

good luck in your purchase although i am not a big fan of the adjustable shocks.

Yes I am that gent....I'll be up to to see you at some point in the near future.

An update to the Rancho's...

the eyelets are too small to fit the stock studs and at $160 / shock I did not want to drill out the bushings or scab them together. Back to the drawing board....will likely go with stock. I will post part numbers if anyone wants to know what to avoid.

the used stock "mostly complete" USED kit is here for you for $100... but not for long as i am setting up the garage and want this gone...i could probably get more than that at the scrape yards these days...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom