Rancho RS9000 +4" for Toyota LC J8 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
guloffroad.com
Hello, thank you for your excellence forum.
I´m writing from Europe, Spain. We're looking for Rancho RS9000XL +4" for Toyota LC HDJ80 4.2D.
In the catalogue of Rancho, we cannot find this shocks, and I want to know if anybody in this forum has mount RS9000 +4".
Do you have the correct references?
We found some references but are not correct, the mounting codes are not correct.
In Europe this car equip these codes:
Front: S5 S5
Rear: L3 S5
Thanks in advance

The rs9000xl series do not come as a direct fit. You have to either buy or make shock adapters. Honestly I would buy something else, they are good for a year or so and then they're garbage. I say this, but my land cruiser is also quite heavy so that might make a difference. I still have a pair of the 36" extended length on the front of my cruiser and I will definitely be replacing them as soon as I can. If you do decide to buy them, you should know the adjustment knobs break rather easily and the replacements are not cheap. I have 4 replacements in my tool box and every one I have replaced so far required removing broken screws. Do yourself a favor and buy a direct fit shock from a reputable company. I hope you find this information useful.

I bet you guys will have good access to bilstein being in Europe .. and IMHO are better ( way better ) shocks than Rancho ..

I can echo the responses, Rancho are an ok shock, but don't last very well. The bilstein's would be a much better option and decently priced.

I agree that Bilstein is a better shock, but all shocks are consumables, have to be replaced or serviced. Part of the equation is the service, if used offroad, Bilstein has zero warranty. The vendor we use will warranty Rancho for any reason, including smashed on rock, lifetime.

Some of us run Rancho steering dampeners, more effective, last longer and much less expensive than the OME they replaced. Any problem and it's replaced, that type of service makes them my first choice.

Thank you, but the problem is there is not exists Rancho RS9000XL +4" for LC J8 :(

Thank you, but the problem is there is not exists Rancho RS9000XL +4" for LC J8 :(

IIRC, Rancho does sell correct bolt on shocks for the '80 in some markets, but we don't get any of them.

Rancho is a brand of Tenneco Group.
OME is a brand of ARB.
In Europe the distributors are different for these brands. We're the spanish dealer for Rancho in Europe.
For us, OME is a low quality shock.

Rancho is a brand of Tenneco Group.
OME is a brand of ARB.
In Europe the distributors are different for these brands. We're the spanish dealer for Rancho in Europe.
For us, OME is a low quality shock.

It's my understanding that Tenneco makes OME shocks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom