ramsey winch removal problem question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.rockcrawler
please see picture. previous owner must have welded the two drive shaft parts together. can i take the u-joint apart, and how? or what can i do?

Angle head grinder with a cutoff wheel and just cut the weld along the edge of the universal, remove the screw and it should come apart at the shaft.

i took a closer look and i don't think there is a screw in the hole. or maybe it's rusted flat. and the grinder i have didn't do a clean job. how would i get that u-joint apart?

Are you the guy who is selling a winch on E-Bay?

yeah, i didn't think i would have this much trouble getting it off the truck. any more suggestions?

Pull the shaft out a little and separate the other side of the U-joint?
Presumably you are going to sell the shafts with the winch.

I bought your winch last night on E-Bay. I was wondering wat the mounting bracket is made of, because you said its heavy. Is it just some angle iron, or something else. Thanks.

i assume the bracket is steel. it's thick square bars. i don't know the history behind it. i still haven't got the shaft apart. but i'll for sure get it shipped out by saturday. i may have to have someone come heat up that weld with a torch or something.

Instead of burning it off you can, open up that big side cover u can see in the pic, pull out the drive gear, unbolt where the shaft goes into and takeout the wormgear, and then you could take apart the driveshaft at the slip joint. and then ship it in parts or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom