ramsey VS toyota (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
:eek:HELP!!! I hope this is the right forum, if not it will get moved. IN this corner: ANYone with opinions, experience etc. about a Ramsey winch, with driveshaft and pto gearbox(attaches to the BACK of the transfercase made specifically for fj-40(maybe other also) VS. IN this corner a factory toy pto winch, drive shaft, and gearbox which attaches to the DRIVER side transfercase. PRO's and CON's Thanks
mike in indiana

I mean that ever ever PTO Toyota winch is the best .. and if you cand found it and mount in your 40 .. do it ..

I have a Ramsey Platinium 9500i .. and ever I can .. sell it and buy a Wanr 8274 or PTO Toy winch ..

Ramsey PTO's are nice....but IMO the side mount Toyota is a bit more convenient as you get into possible future driveline modifications.

Neither is particularly recent in manufacture, so parts available doesn't matter. Ramsey is well known for wrecker services and is quite reliable, Toyota is, well, Toyota....lol

IMO, good choice either way. I'm personally not a fan of hydraulic or PTO winches - they don't work well when you are too verticle to keep the vehicle running!

tapage, how much would u be willing to part with your 9500i?? looking to get one.
nate

Personally, I've had a Ramsey Rep 8000 for eight years now, and it has performed flawlessly on an FJ40, FJ60 and now my FJ80 (Where it will soon be transferred from the front to the rear.) Not the fastest or prettiest, but gets the job done every time.

I know it's not a PTO, but just my .02.

-H-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom