Rams Horn Manifold (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1973Guppie

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.noahsarkstlc.com
Took the truck out for it's first trip this weekend to the desert and developed an exhaust leak, I plan to replace my headers with a set of rams horn exhaust manifolds. I did a search, so no :flipoff2: , I could not find a part #. If I missed it, :flipoff2: away. :) From my research it looks like several are available both from older gm trucks and from corvettes. Looks like the corvette rams horns have the larger output of 2.5 inch, which I would like. I would also like to buy them new if possible, I have heard they are resonably priced, thus need a part #. Vehicle is a 73 FJ LC w/ a 99 vortec engine from a suburban / 5.7L / V8. I plan to reroute the EGR hose to a buny in the exhaust pipe (will have the exhaust shop do this). After this is done it should be a bolt on affair. I would like to hear from people that have a 99 vortec or know that a certain style will fit so many blocks of vortec engines so I can make sure that the part # will fit my specific application.

Also, I recently had a set of headers ceramic coated at performance coatings (http://www.performancecoatings.com) and the coating turned out to be s***, a year later and it is already rusted. I think the *(&%ers just shot them with spraypaint, I read a few people used HPC for coating? any other reccomendations on where to go for ceramic coating, I would like to get the manifolds coated but if I am going to spend the money I want it done right.

well dont know what you plan on doing but i believe that there are no nice 2 to 1 pipe for the 2.5 output rams, and the 2.5 rams are $250 a pair used usually.

pace not sure if those are the 2.5 output. if not, they are worth about $25 a pair if that.

SO many different casting, and bracket mounts, etc...

curious what headers? any pics of them and how they fit?

JetHot coatings, I think they even warranty them for a period.
GL
Ed

[quote author=HI^C link=board=1;threadid=13914;start=msg129539#msg129539 date=1080672285]

pace not sure if those are the 2.5 output. if not, they are worth about $25 a pair if that.

[/quote]

Must not have looked at the link for..

http://www.paceparts.com/product.asp?0=405&1=407&3=167449

Have a couple sets, they are nice.

Good luck!

-Steve

ha ha, nope I looked at the right hand side and it doesnt say much.

Man those things look different on the webpage then the ones i have had over the last few years. Dont remember the pinch where the dumps come out being that big?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom