SOLD Raleigh, NC - 2004 LX470 - 185,000 miles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. LX470
Mileage
Color
Tan
For sale is my 2004 LX470 with 185000 miles. ASKING $12,500.

I have had this vehicle for for 2.5 years now, it had 130k when I bought it. Reason for sale: I have since started a landscaping business which I run out of my 02 Tundra. The LX is no longer practical as a secondary vehicle, and I am not able to afford some very necessary maint items. I got really lucky with this one, one owner before myself who kept very good care of the truck: mainly highway miles driven from TN to FL, and all maint. intervals performed at Lexus dealerships. There were no accidents reported at time of purchase.

I have used this for my daily driver (Raleigh area, North Carolina) and taken it on a few road trips. The truck runs great, the engine is in great working order, no knocking on cold, cold starts (wish I could say the same for my Tundra w. 2UZ). I have done all listed maint. myself after acquiring the vehicle. I have had one minor accident, but it was a glancing blow to the front right and damage was only cosmetic. Had to get a new front right corner light, front right fender and front bumper, and I took the opportunity to replace the bumper with a TJM T17 (see pics, no winch). The truck has little to no rust on the frame and underbody and the interior dis super clean, except for some stubborn stains on the carpet. I removed the running boards to improve the look, but still have them and can include. The truck is sitting on 285/60R18 (31.5") BFG KO2's with spare that have about 13k miles on them and were just rotated. These tires have helped greatly in (rare) snow, but I never got the chance to take the truck off road, and I highly doubt that the 1st owners did either. I have used only premium gasoline (93 octane in NC). Original roof racks and 3rd row seats are included. The AHC has been having issues working after startup (usually kicks in after a few bumpy miles) and will not go into HI mode. I would recommend replacing the rear height sensor (~$150 on ebay) as I believe that is the issue, or just deleting the system (this was my ultimate goal). The rear cargo mat was very recently replaced with a weathertech mat w/o cutouts for the 3rd row seats. I have some parts in hand, listed below.

Maintenance:
-Oil & filter changed every <5k miles (Mobil1 5W-30 High Mileage and M1-102A filter each time)
-Front brake pads changed at 140k
-LHS CV axle replaced at time of purchase (130k)
-All spark plugs replaced at 140k
-Rear brake pads and rotors changed (Toyota brand) about 6k miles ago
-Tires rotated (spare in rotation) at 178k
-O2 sensor at 178k (bank 1, sensor 2 to clear CEL)
-Brand new battery (top tier)
-Changed headlights, air filter, cabin air filter at 155k
-Parts in hand, to be included:
-brass heater tee
-extra O2 sensor
-2x wheel bearing kit (from Cruiser Outfitters; no problems presenting, just a PM)
-outer tie-rod replacement kit (also from C.O., covers both RH and LHS)

Problems:
-AHC issues (described above), fluid never flushed
-Timing belt is in need of replacement (last changed at 95k)
-Small dents/dings/scratches on the exterior (paint in overall great condition, though)
-Stains on the interior carpet
-Antenna snapped, not replaced, disabled
-Windshield cracked on passenger side (thank my son and his feet on the windshield)
-Speakers/sub are orig. and failing (I did a surround repair on all speakers but now they just need replacing)
-Neither Trans nor Diff fluid have not been changed since I acquired the vehicle
-Only one remote unlock key in hand but housing cracked, so I use the valet key

I am happy to answer any questions you may have or gather any documentation by request. Title clean and in hand (no lien).

The truck has treated me so well, as I hope it does for whoever buys it, and it is a huge disappointment for me to get rid of it.

For sale is my 2004 LX470 with 185000 miles. ASKING $12,500.

I have had this vehicle for for 2.5 years now, it had 130k when I bought it. Reason for sale: I have since started a landscaping business which I run out of my 02 Tundra. The LX is no longer practical as a secondary vehicle, and I am not able to afford some very necessary maint items. I got really lucky with this one, one owner before myself who kept very good care of the truck: mainly highway miles driven from TN to FL, and all maint. intervals performed at Lexus dealerships. There were no accidents reported at time of purchase.

I have used this for my daily driver (Raleigh area, North Carolina) and taken it on a few road trips. The truck runs great, the engine is in great working order, no knocking on cold, cold starts (wish I could say the same for my Tundra w. 2UZ). I have done all listed maint. myself after acquiring the vehicle. I have had one minor accident, but it was a glancing blow to the front right and damage was only cosmetic. Had to get a new front right corner light, front right fender and front bumper, and I took the opportunity to replace the bumper with a TJM T17 (see pics, no winch). The truck has little to no rust on the frame and underbody and the interior dis super clean, except for some stubborn stains on the carpet. I removed the running boards to improve the look, but still have them and can include. The truck is sitting on 285/60R18 (31.5") BFG KO2's with spare that have about 13k miles on them and were just rotated. These tires have helped greatly in (rare) snow, but I never got the chance to take the truck off road, and I highly doubt that the 1st owners did either. I have used only premium gasoline (93 octane in NC). Original roof racks and 3rd row seats are included. The AHC has been having issues working after startup (usually kicks in after a few bumpy miles) and will not go into HI mode. I would recommend replacing the rear height sensor (~$150 on ebay) as I believe that is the issue, or just deleting the system (this was my ultimate goal). The rear cargo mat was very recently replaced with a weathertech mat w/o cutouts for the 3rd row seats. I have some parts in hand, listed below.

Maintenance:
-Oil & filter changed every <5k miles (Mobil1 5W-30 High Mileage and M1-102A filter each time)
-Front brake pads changed at 140k
-LHS CV axle replaced at time of purchase (130k)
-All spark plugs replaced at 140k
-Rear brake pads and rotors changed (Toyota brand) about 6k miles ago
-Tires rotated (spare in rotation) at 178k
-O2 sensor at 178k (bank 1, sensor 2 to clear CEL)
-Brand new battery (top tier)
-Changed headlights, air filter, cabin air filter at 155k
-Parts in hand, to be included:
-brass heater tee
-extra O2 sensor
-2x wheel bearing kit (from Cruiser Outfitters; no problems presenting, just a PM)
-outer tie-rod replacement kit (also from C.O., covers both RH and LHS)

Problems:
-AHC issues (described above), fluid never flushed
-Timing belt is in need of replacement (last changed at 95k)
-Small dents/dings/scratches on the exterior (paint in overall great condition, though)
-Stains on the interior carpet
-Antenna snapped, not replaced, disabled
-Windshield cracked on passenger side (thank my son and his feet on the windshield)
-Speakers/sub are orig. and failing (I did a surround repair on all speakers but now they just need replacing)
-Neither Trans nor Diff fluid have not been changed since I acquired the vehicle
-Only one remote unlock key in hand but housing cracked, so I use the valet key

I am happy to answer any questions you may have or gather any documentation by request. Title clean and in hand (no lien).

The truck has treated me so well, as I hope it does for whoever buys it, and it is a huge disappointment for me to get rid of it.
Would love pics too.

Please see pictures below.

IMG_8132.JPG
IMG_8137.JPG
IMG_8145_LI.jpg
IMG_8144.JPG
IMG_8152.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom