For Sale Raleigh, NC: 2000 Lexus LX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. LX470
Mileage
Color
Silver
Just picked up a new car and with my other restorations going I have realized that this LX will not get the use or the time she deserves. So its time to pass this onto someone else. Anyone who knows me knows I am brutality honest so I will describe everything to the best of my knowledge. This LX does need some work which is reflected in the price, but for the most part I am also including all the parts needed. I just have not had the time to install everything. That said this LX has never ever let me down and I still would feel fine driving it across the country today without doing anything. So she does run and drive just fine. I have owed this since 2013 and 160k.

Good:
Zero Rust - Has only lived in Raleigh, NC
Strong Engine - Blackstone reports have always been extremely good
Transmission is smooth
All fluids are Amsoil with the exception of the motor oil which is always been Mobil 1 Full Synthetic with Toyota oil filters
MT tires are about 6 months old
Font bearings replaced about 15k ago
New Denso Starter installed 10 month ago
New Alternator installed 3 months ago

Known issues (this might be long because I want to be 100% transparent):
Driver side speakers go in and out (mostly out)
Both rear windows are slow going up and down
The "D" drive light was never worked
The steering wheel does not telescope. Never was an issue for me. Needs part #89232-60032
The paint is not good IMO. The PO repainted it and it is peeling in some spots. I was going to either plasti dip it or raptor liner it.
I believe the Nitro globes are in need of being replaced. Barely noticed it before, but with the MT you notice it under 30 mph. I was planning on going with an OME swap.
I am sure the bushings in the suspension could stand to be replaced since it has almost 250k on it. One bushing on the rear driver side does creek at times.
I think there is a burn in one of the third row seats (if I remember correctly) I have never used them and the are stored in my shed.
Valve cover gaskets leak a little. ---New Toyota gaskets are included
Timing belt and water pump need to be replaced --Everything new included the part list is long for this since I always use toyota parts and want to replace everything while I am in there.
One of the CV's could use a reboot -- Actually have Toyota replacement kit
Spark plugs probably should be replaced -- I have those too to include
CD Changer does NOT work
The bumper needs a little body work as show in the pic
The AC has a small leak. So small that Creech Auto has been trying to find it for over a year now and have not been able to do so. I would say it needs to get recharged once a year.

I will include any and all parts I have for the LX. Everything is either Toyota or Denso. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Price is 6k

20201126_124949.jpg

20201126_124958.jpg

20201126_125004.jpg

20201126_125020.jpg

20201126_125031.jpg

Last edited:
Damn that’s a whole lotta truck for 6k. Solid deal.

Thanks, I just wanted to be fair about the price. I thought about doing all the work with all the parts I have and charging more, but I wanted to see if anyone wanted to do a little sweat equity because I really dont have any free time right now. So guess we will see if I am right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom