For Sale Raleigh NC - 1996 Lexus LX450 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think it's time to move on.... My life is so busy that the proper care for owning this vehicle is not justified....

It has served my family well for many camping outings but my wife has decided to purge 2 vehicles (minivan and the Lexus) in order to get a single passenger van that can do both (something like the Nissan NV Passenger NV3500). <--- SCRATCH That... I found a newer Sequoia Limited that seats 8 :clap:

It is not used much anymore and sits in the driveway and I have decided to move on. The body and interior are in good shape, but does have some issues.

Here is the skinny:

Mileage: 241k miles
Slee short bus bumper http://sleeoffroad.com/products/bumpers/front_bumpers_80series.htm
Yakima roof rack (I thought these were Thule but that was on my other car..)
Replaced radiator with Koyo 2 yrs ago.
OME 2.5" coil spring kit 850 heavy front and 864 Super heavy rear
1.5" rim spacers
33" Enkei six bullet 20" aluminum rims (from Tundra sport package in 2005-6)
Seats 8....Added middle seat belt on 3rd row jump seats
Added 3rd cargo light (so total of 3 overhead lights (Drivers, middle row, and tail gate)
Current Toyos need replacing but DO HAVE have spare set of 4 33" Mickey Thompson tires in garage with good tread that will come with the price.
LandTank MAF mod done
Tekonsha P3 brake controller (for electric brake campers)
I have the valve gasket but have not yet replaced it. Valve cover shows signs of leakage but not much.
Have PHH hoses but have not yet mounted the long bypass one.
Interior is clean.

Issues:
1. Antenna mask needs replacing. Motor works but the plastic teeth line feed is stripped. (typical issue with all 80's)

2. Electric front seats do not adjust. The plastic seat gears need replacing. (http://www.gamiviti.com/html/products_seatparts.html) <-- been waiting to find time to do this.)

2. After I installed the OME lift, ABS light came on. It must be a sensor or wire that I accidentally got disconnected. I have not had time to diagnose.

3. Check Engine light is on for P0170 or P0401 (can't remember). I had cleaned out the intake and had replaced all the vacuum tubes on top of the engine but still codes. Next steps were to replace egr valve, etc..

4. Typical road wear on the exterior with couple of dings here and there but look at the pics. Still pretty in pink.

5. Front driver seat has leather cracks so I put seat covers on. Passenger seat is still great.

You can search all my threads and see anything that I discussed regarding my ownership. It's all on the forum...

I think with all the above mentioned, I am asking a fair $5000 <----updated price

[album="medium"]577[/album]

Here are more pics:
https://forum.ih8mud.com/gallery/photos/27447/
(The ones with the Thule rack are from this weekend!)

It has only been used to tow the popup camping up and down the east coast. But since the kids have grown, it's only like an annual thing now.

Thanks for looking.
IM me and I will provide my contact info.

Steve

Last edited:
Bump for the New Year. My wife finally found a vehicle we both like and said the Lexus has to go first before moving onward.

Asking $5000 :grinpimp:

+4
I forgot to add that I have the OME? Nitrocharger shocks that I bought a while ago and did not replace my Rancho's when I put the OME springs on. At the time when I added the springs, I did not have the new shocks and ya know time flies when you have kids to tend to......

I may have other small parts laying around too...
- Rear aluminum bumper step plate from a LandCruiser
- OEM MAF

Last edited:
The link to pics in your ad does not work. Any pics or updated link to photos?

I guess the site has changed since I can't seem to access my gallery album. So I just searched for pics I had uploaded recently....

email me biaggi@nc.rr.com and I can send all the pics you request.

Here are a couple:

imageuploadedbyih8mud-forum1402262465-550832-jpg.905477

img_2273z-jpg.298765

imageuploadedbyih8mud-forum1404349031-989893-jpg.913458

imageuploadedbyih8mud-forum1402260707-003634-jpg.905472

I'll post more in a bit..

Do you have a stock, wheel / tire setup?

Jhanley,
Not sure if you are asking if I still have the stock wheel/setup?...
Answer is no I sold the 16" stock wheels long ago and upgraded the suspension with a lift. It has the OME 2.5" coils, and since it does not have the heavy rear bumper armor, the lift is slightly exaggerated due to no load weight back there. The 20" Enkeis are an upgraded Tundra option back in 2006-2007(?) and currently have 33" tires wrapped on them plus the 1.5" spacers to give the wide stance.

hope that answers your question...

Locked?

No lockers. Just the standards all wheel drive with 4 low & hi

I do have button switch for the CDL but have not had time to put it in the dash.

Sale pending!!!!!

Thanks Andrew!

It's with a real good home now!!!

I'm sure you will get her back to being that daily driver that she deserves to be!

that's the plan!
making my list

first things first, P0171 :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom