Raleigh for work (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Somebodyelse5

16124-75030
SILVER Star
Threads
Hey guys, I'll be spending some time out in Raleigh the next few months (first trip being 6/16-7/3) and was wondering if anyone wants to meet up or has some suggestions on food and things to do. I'll be staying and working near the research triangle.

I'll have a rental car and will be free evenings and weekends.

Lots of food options and cruiserheads close to you. Ill let the locals Chime in but i may be down that way as well for some work during that window.

7/3 will likely be the area club meeting if you can stay till eve. 7-10 ish at backyard bistro.

Hey guys, I'll be spending some time out in Raleigh the next few months (first trip being 6/16-7/3) and was wondering if anyone wants to meet up or has some suggestions on food and things to do. I'll be staying and working near the research triangle.

I'll have a rental car and will be free evenings and weekends.
Where are you located in RTP? Both @moonshine @fourtrax @k4azy and myself work in RTP.

it was after 5, he was probably typing what was in his hand
post up. im pretty spot on an 11:30 lunch.

What company are you coming into town to visit? Might be one of the ones we work for if it's tech related, lol.

7/3 monthly meeting will likely be pushed as it's right before a holiday, but we can def do lunches, or you can come hang out at my place in the evenings a few times if youd like. I live 4 miles from Cisco/NetApp campus, so depending where you're staying, might be super close.

Lots of food options and cruiserheads close to you. Ill let the locals Chime in but i may be down that way as well for some work during that window.

7/3 will likely be the area club meeting if you can stay till eve. 7-10 ish at backyard bistro.

Let me know if you make it down, I may even be able to head your way one weekend. My only experience in NC was an overnight trip a few months back for the interview. I'd like to do some exploring and make the best of the trips. I've heard that Pisgah has some pretty incredible mountain biking...

What company are you coming into town to visit? Might be one of the ones we work for if it's tech related, lol.

7/3 monthly meeting will likely be pushed as it's right before a holiday, but we can def do lunches, or you can come hang out at my place in the evenings a few times if youd like. I live 4 miles from Cisco/NetApp campus, so depending where you're staying, might be super close.

Company is called lucideon, they are a small materials testing outfit. Not sure it falls under the tech category, but they are doing some cool stuff in the testing world.

I noticed your callsign in your sig, I got my license a few weeks back. I'll bring my Yaesu FT2D along with me... are there some active repeaters up there? Planning on programming in whatever I can find on repeaterbook before I head up there.

Anyone interested in grabbing some dinner tomorrow night? I'm staying in RTP, I've got a rental car, just promise not to laugh at my Toyota Yaris rental car....

Looks like I've got some work stuff to do Wed and Thurs night, but this weekend I'm open. Was thinking about heading over to the coast or over to Asheville. I hear it is pretty cool over there.

Anyone interested in grabbing some dinner tomorrow night? I'm staying in RTP, I've got a rental car, just promise not to laugh at my Toyota Yaris rental car....

Looks like I've got some work stuff to do Wed and Thurs night, but this weekend I'm open. Was thinking about heading over to the coast or over to Asheville. I hear it is pretty cool over there.
Asheville is awesome. We have some drive on beaches but I would not recommend taking a Yaris out there.

Right now, my schedule is pretty flexible; might be able to catch up one night or around lunch. If you're looking for some recommendations for food and such, shoot me a PM. Welcome to town (even it's just a few weeks).

I'm a little too far away to do dinner, but I just noticed you're a CSC guy...I hung out with @splitshot and his wife one night a few years ago in Tucson. Nice guy. I like to think that that meeting was, in a convoluted way, instrumental in y'alls Relic Run last year!

Lemme know if your travels take you to Charlotte or DC; I'm usually down for meeting a Mudder from far-away exotic places.

I'm a little too far away to do dinner, but I just noticed you're a CSC guy...I hung out with @splitshot and his wife one night a few years ago in Tucson. Nice guy. I like to think that that meeting was, in a convoluted way, instrumental in y'alls Relic Run last year!

Lemme know if your travels take you to Charlotte or DC; I'm usually down for meeting a Mudder from far-away exotic places.

I don't know that I've met split shot, but I am sure I've seen him around.

I'll actually be up in DC for the weekend, but it's a getaway with the girl friend and we have a pretty packed weekend planned out. I will hopefully be in charlotte soon and will give you a shout.

if you make it out to AZ in the future, let me know!

Clear your schedule!!! You can come by and help me sort through boxes of stuff in my mom’s basement! Bring your GF...plenty to do so I can get home faster. 30 miles from DC down 66. I even cleared the third garage bay for you today! And the folks at the local BBQ/beer joint love me so you might get an extra couple beans with your order!

Keep me posted on CLT. We’ll plan a meeting around it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom