Rainman's Brake Lines (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not a reveal note. Sorry.

Just talked to my supplier for the 4 thousand metric nut's I've had made. They're DONE! Of course, they're waiting on the rest of the giant order to come over to the Sates. SO! He's going to get 50 of each sent with other items to save on fast shipping costs. I hope to have some elbow room soon. I'm down to exactly 26 9mm nuts. One set. (I hope those others get here soon...)

Last edited:
Well, the guy dried up. Or he forgot. Or... something. Nothing materialized. So to answer your question... Any and all of them.

Nope. No clutch lines. Just brakes.

OKay. Here's a deal. Since clutch lines aren't that long and complicated (ie., firewall lines) for most trucks, if you need one and send me a good one to pattern from, I'll give you a deal. It may take 10 years but maybe I'll end up with them all on my pattern-wall of fame.

OKay. Here's a deal. Since clutch lines aren't that long and complicated (ie., firewall lines) for most trucks, if you need one and send me a good one to pattern from, I'll give you a deal. It may take 10 years but maybe I'll end up with them all on my pattern-wall of fame.
Wan't trying to brow beat you into doing it, but I've always said, "Give paying customers what they want (within reason)."

#FuelLinesSayMeToo! LOL

Fuel lines are a different animal. I made a few several years ago but was told by someone in the auto biz that that's not a good idea. Fuel systems are closely looked at with picky emissions laws. I don't want any part of any truck getting in trouble for non original fuel lines.

Brow beat me all you want but it's not going to happen. STPCHLD may be the only exception.

Rainman,

I haven’t been able to get the front 62 lines in the mail. As soon as I can get to the ups store I’ll have the fronts -and maybe rears- to you for patterning.

I can pull all the lines off of the 60 as well. That may take a little time but I can supply you with a full set of OEM hard lines for the 60/62 trucks.

Rainman,

I haven’t been able to get the front 62 lines in the mail. As soon as I can get to the ups store I’ll have the fronts -and maybe rears- to you for patterning.

I can pull all the lines off of the 60 as well. That may take a little time but I can supply you with a full set of OEM hard lines for the 60/62 trucks.

Thanks! Whenever you can is fine. I'm not in as much of a rush anymore. I'll explain soon. Not before it hatches though.

C2D03487-9D8C-4C9B-B769-E5DBAD7E0BE9.jpeg

Just have to box these up and mail them.

OKay. Make sure when you send these to label them somehow. Give me a clue of where they're mounted. I've started a diagram for them. I'm using the same nomenclature as the others with the 60/62 marker with them. Here's the image:
FJ60-62 line diagram.jpg

Will do. The FJ60 and FJ62 lines are different per @beno.

I’ll be sure to label them. The two I have pulled right now are FAL and FAS. I’ll try to pull RAL and RAS and see if I can box them up in the same batch.

I've learned the hard way that the SOR diagrams aren't necessarily correct. It's the only source I've found for Toyota diagrams though. After all this time, I got a 12/77 FJ40 with a unique chassis line. Nothing like any line I've sent or received. I've done a number of right around '78s and never came across this one. So I'd REALLY like to know what SOR got wrong assuming the 60/62s have almost all lines the same.

Well, let me see if I can pull them off the 60 soon so you can have them all side-by-side. The front lines are visibly different on my 1985 FJ60 than they are from my 1990 FJ62 and 1989 HJ61. The 61 and 62 are the same.

4630BD05-DE03-4772-8918-21A4AF18550D.jpeg

Here are the hard lines from my 1989 LHD semi-float rear axle HJ61. They are visually identical to the lines off of my 1990 FJ62.

They are in the mail to @Rainman as we speak.

Last edited:
Yeah... Thanks Scott.

If it wasn't confusing enough before, now it's even more confusing. That sight shows date changes different from what I've known these past several years. It also doesn't include all the different changes for the different lines. For instance; it gives a part number for my CHL that covers 9/71 thru 8/75. That's a legit span. But that's it. No other time periods. The other years had the line only a little different. Where are they?

Granted, SOR's list of diagrams aren't completely correct. We've proven that but I'm not sure this will fix their problems. Honestly, thanks anyway. I'll study it some more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom