RAINBOW LAKE, SATURDAY JULY 18 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I plan on camping somewhere there and thought about doing hermit pass on Sunday after I break camp. Not sure if any of that will work. Hopefully shouldn't work overtime this weekend so I am in. I am not set on place to camp as Luke is right about the skeeters and I am betting hermit pass will have a lot.

I'll most likely will be staying at the lake Creek Campground at the start of the trail we are doing, just to make it easier on myself. I will be there on Friday night...so I'll be looking for you guys when you arrive on Saturday morning.

Kyle,
We should be at the big parking area outside the Lutheran Camp around 9:30. If you're not familiar, it's just a little beyond your camp ground. Btw, it's a pretty little CG - one big loop with only one toilet, that I saw, so choose your spot wisely (and maybe you can throw the CG Host an extra five so we can use that one before we hit the trail...;)).

Matt,
Sandy & I will be headed out Sat. night so we can lead Gary back.

Eric,
It's quite a ways down there so I'd plan on all day. If you cut out early, you could probably be home by 6:00 if need be. Hope that helps.

See ya soon!!!

Not sure he is coming but I appreciate it Sam. I plan on being at the meeting spot in the springs Saturday morning.

Sam,
I'm planning to go, I'll see you at the Loaf n' Jug on Saturday morning.
David

i have the air tank if someone wants to swing by and pick it up. Have fun.

I'm going down just for the day and our neighbor is going to tag along in her 12' wrangler sport. With the kids we may not make it out in time for the south side meet up but I know the trailhead so we will catch up somewhere. We are thinking of going into westcliff for dinner at Pizza Madness afterwards. All are welcome to join!

Reactions: SAS
Dang it! I was driving my son to Teeball this morning and forgot the trip was today! Didn't realize it until I drove past the meeting spot and saw everyone waiting

We made it about a 1/2 mile up the trail (near the end of the burn scar) and the bouncing was too much for the kids. Bailed out and had lunch back by the trailhead. Then headed to Bishops Castle and Lake San Isabel. More reason why I need to get my Ham licence. Tried to raise you on the CB but I have about 200 yards transmitter range with that mag mount antena. Sorry if you were waiting for us guys. I guess the family isn't ready for trail runs just yet

Yeah, this is a rocky, bumpy trail...but we had a blast! Of course part of that fun was due to TJ getting to drive the '88 Trooper.

I have a few pictures to hang...maybe tomorrow. Great scenery, and neat mining artifacts way up high. Thanks to Sam for leading another great trail!

Last edited:
Airing down
DSCN0003.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom