Rainbow Falls 3/13 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Luke, Mike and myself made a last minute trip to Rainbow Falls yesterday. Little Moab is getting tougher. I had to bump it a couple of times to make it up the middle section. Mike climbed up it in the Bronco with out spinning a tire.

We made a loop and came back out after Mike's battery died and he switched batteries with Luke so we could keep on going. On the way out we hit one of the climbs on the new play area. I managed to get my headlights to point at a few different constellations but then backed down. Mike climbed the first ledge and was having problems making the top half. We (Luke) told him he could make it if he bumped it and when he did the Ford 9" exploded! Cracked the third member housing in multiple directions. We winched the Bronco back down and towed it back to Woodland Park.
Bronco1.jpg

He has no one to blame but himself....Everyone should know better than to listen to me! :D I was just glad he was in such good spirits about it, I really had to bite my tongue hard to not laugh until Mike did. 5.0 mustang V8 + 37" Pit Bull rockers + spooled Ford 9" = BOOM! :) He trashed his front Dana 30 at the same time. OOPS!

Now THIS is how you break an axle....
broken.jpg

Its been confirmed that both front axle stub shafts broke at the same time the rear exploded.

NoW that'S CARNAGE!
front_1.jpg
front_2.jpg

Its not really new since it exists already but the proposal is that it will become the 4x4 challenge trail with a play area at the beginning and at the area now known as little Moab.

http://southrampart.net/yahoo_site_...0_S_Rampart_Alt_C_Rainbow_Falls_s.6871425.pdf

I think that means the forest service will just let the trail go and see if any 4x4 clubs want to manage it. This is one opportunity for Colorado Land Cruisers to adapt a trail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom