Rain sensor / intermittent wipers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Afternoon all

my wipers have a funny when i put on sensor mode 1 minute they go flat out the other they go slow and its very frustrating

the guy who changed my windscreen said it had been played about with has anyone changed the whole sensor if so how hard was it to do or is there a easier way to find out if it is broken

cheers all

Same issue here. Replaced the gel pad under the sensor and no joy. PO had replaced the windscreen with an aftermarket one and the idiots super-glued the sensor frame on and left residue everywhere so it’s ruined things. Glued the sensor frame on with proper rear view mirror mount glue and activator, which has helped but essentially the sensor is fooked. So to simplify things I’ve just disconnected the sensor up in the panel where the lights and switches are, and now have good old reliable intermittent wipers back, in manual mode. Not paying the crazy price for a new sensor….

Same issue here. Replaced the gel pad under the sensor and no joy. PO had replaced the windscreen with an aftermarket one and the idiots super-glued the sensor frame on and left residue everywhere so it’s ruined things. Glued the sensor frame on with proper rear view mirror mount glue and activator, which has helped but essentially the sensor is fooked. So to simplify things I’ve just disconnected the sensor up in the panel where the lights and switches are, and now have good old reliable intermittent wipers back, in manual mode. Not paying the crazy price for a new sensor….
ohhhhhhhh ok interesting

do you have any pics or any more info please as its bloody frustrating

TIA

ohhhhhhhh ok interesting

do you have any pics or any more info please as its bloody frustrating

TIA
So here's the rain sensor assembly on the windscreen:
20220727_110710.jpg

Sorry poor quality. Anyway, you unipolar that push-in clip and you can separate the sensor from the screen and replace the gel pad. Ebay has loads..... follow instructions znd keep it clean - any dust will fool the sensor into thinking it's raining.

If that does not dolve the issue, then proceed as follows:

In roof-mounted switch cluster. Open the specs case:
20220727_110734.jpg
20220727_110738.jpg

And undo the securing screw

20220727_110745.jpg
20220727_110918.jpg

Then pop the unit off - each corner has a push-clip, BE GENTLE. Then undo this connector, re-assemble and you are back to manual control

Sorry pics out of sequence a little, but should be clear
This is the cluster popped off
EFFE082B-23D5-483F-8F90-1DD0AC04F204.png

Last edited:
The easy way to switch from auto to manual intermittent control, is to click the button in TechStream. I do that twice a year as the auto/sensor doesn't handle snow very well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom