Raffle Truck Work Day(s)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

StaleAle

MUD-aholic
SILVER Star
Threads
Guys,

We need to schedule a couple of workdays to get this thing rolling under its own steam. There are lots of bolt on projects, such as:

- Install rebuilt carb
- Install seats
- Swap out the tires
- Hang the doors with hinge bushings
- Install wiper arms, linkage and motor
- Pull and repaint the windshield frame
- etc.

Will anyone be able to work next weekend (Labor Day weekend)? I have to go to C'ville again this weekend (to fix the stuff I broke last weekend):bang: Sound off if you can make it one day over the long weekend. We will also need to schedule another workday the following weekend.:beer:

Wow, nothing but crickets.....the deafening silence indicates I'll be on my own. I was hoping to pull the windshield frame out to prep and repaint it. That'll have to wait until I have a second pair of hands, but it needs to get done before Ed can finish up the wipers.

Meanwhile, we need to locate an air cleaner assembly that fits a '77 FJ40. The one we have is for an FJ60, and will need some modification if we can't locate the right vintage air cleaner. Please search your parts piles if you think you can help us out.

Hope to see you guys soon.

Jon

Meanwhile, we need to locate an air cleaner assembly that fits a '77 FJ40. The one we have is for an FJ60, and will need some modification if we can't locate the right vintage air cleaner.

Could have sworn that was for a 40. I should have another one I'll swap out for that one.

Meanwhile, we need to locate an air cleaner assembly that fits a '77 FJ.......
Could have sworn that was for a 40. I should have another one I'll swap out for that one.

Thanks Tom! Mark says it's from a 60 series and would have to be modified if we can't locate one from a 40 series. Let me know when you locate it and I'll swing by and pick it up.

Jon.

If Tom doesn't have an air cleaner I may have one buried in the garage. Lylia will have to tie a life line around my waist if I need to try to find it.

You're safe Bob, found one in the shed late yesterday

I was planning on Sunday, starting around 9am. My Saturday is chopped up, schedule-wise.

More time for me to work on:

ForumRunner_20130927_220100.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry, I was tied up this weekend.

I've received the latch hook for the tire carrier from Mark, as well as the rubber items from Beno. Hopefully, if the air cleaner housing is close to being sanded and painted we can finish installing the carb. Also, if someone has located the tire carrier bumper/cradle bracket we can finish up the spare tire mount.

The windshield has a patch weld that needs to be ground down and smoothed over. I'm hoping to get over there to do the body work on it sometime this week. I'm still looking for a couple of cans of Toyota 033 white spray paint to touch-up the windshield frame where we smooth the weld and fix a few other cosmetic paint issues if someone knows fo a good source.

We need to get a few guys together to assess what can be done with the exhaust components that we have so we can get that chore completed. If we have to take it to a shop like Murphy's, we'll need for someone to volunteer their trailer and tow vehicle.

We also need to find a good windshield. I have a new OEM gasket donated by Beno, and I also have the special tool for installing the key strip. If we can knock some of these things out in the next few weeks, I'd like to see if we can find a way to get the raffle truck to Fall Crawl so everyone can see it.

Are folks available next weekend for a raffle truck workday?

I'm not bringing a wheelin rig, just some kids toys, so I'd be able to tow the raffle truck out if needed.

We can figure a time for me to pick it up.

Thanks Vince!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom