Radios in older cruisers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking for ideas on where to put a radio in my '69 when I am finished with the rebuild. I used to have a cheesy plywood center consol thing in front of the heater. I am thinking about putting in the middle of a cage, anybody do that? Is it safe or hard to use while driving. I don't want to chop up the dash.

I have 40/60 seats.

i've seen it in a cage, no pics though. looks pretty slick... PO chopped up the dash on mine, i don't run a radio in the summer so i'm gonna try to patch it up.

I run an Amp in tool box under drivers seat. I have an RCA to head phone jack wire come out the box then I plug whatever I want to listen to into it. CD player, Ipod, whatever. No headunit necessary. More secure that way.

here's my setup
P4250003.JPG

What do you guys do about wires out of the tool box, did you just drill holes in it?

Ige, do they swing up? Are they hard to see/use?

Nice over head!!! Gonna start on mine tomorow!! Just picked up the stereo components last week and the metal this week!!

Ill try and get some pics and post later

FLFJ40 said:
Ige, do they swing up? Are they hard to see/use?
yep...works great for stereo, but sucks chunks for cb...the hole to route the mic is on the bottom and clearances are tight in the front...i don't konw of a cb that doesn't hook up in the front.

sorry mike...dont think i have a pic of the dom i used to mount the console :flipoff2:
P4250002.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom