Radio won't shut off - bad ignition switch or? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a new (to me) 2013 that has developed a "fun" new problem within the last week - the radio has decided it never wants to shut off and I think the car believes it's still on - it beeps when I walk away with the key. Been hunting high and low on google/this forum to see if this is common, and apparently not? Regardless a hint in the right direction on what to look for would be great - getting tired of popping the hood and disconnecting the battery after every ride.

Ah - a hard rain does make the headliner around the sunglasses holder really wet, and I didn't think that would be related to sunroof drains. Thanks for the tip.

Ah - a hard rain does make the headliner around the sunglasses holder really wet, and I didn't think that would be related to sunroof drains. Thanks for the tip.
Geez, I don’t wanna sound like an ass but……that water may be a clue, no question. That’s crazy. How long have you noticed this????

Haha. It's not a daily driver and this past week is the first time it's been rainy in my area since I picked up the LX, so just now noticing over the last few days. I'm pretty sure if I can get the leak fixed, the electronics will dry out and I'll be good to go. Kind of crazy that water drainage issues are common, though.

Haha. It's not a daily driver and this past week is the first time it's been rainy in my area since I picked up the LX, so just now noticing over the last few days. I'm pretty sure if I can get the leak fixed, the electronics will dry out and I'll be good to go. Kind of crazy that water drainage issues are common, though.
Not sure I would classify as common though. More like if electrical gremlins invade, look for water intrusion.

Update for those interested. I figured out my leak only occurs when parked at a certain angle. I've cleared the front sunroof drains which helped a little and need to do the rear now.

For the radio/accessory power not shutting off, I've found that if I activate the cigarette lighter, the car will properly shut off for like 5 minutes, and then turn itself back on. Any smart electrical types have clues why this would be? I'm about to rip the dash apart to investigate.

Check behind the interior pass. side kick panel. You may find some water stained electronics there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom