Radio Wiring Harness Trouble (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Crusier friends - I pulled out an after market CD stereo and Installed a classic Sony cassette deck tonight in my ‘89 Fj62. I saw a spark and think I shorted out the hot constant feed wire (clock quit working and radio didn’t work when connected to the 12 bolt energized hot wire from the factory harness). Replaced fuses. Temporarily connected the stereo to cig lighter accessory wire - so it works (but doesn’t keep memory for stations or radio settings after turning key off), so no constant hot feed. Plus, can’t get my clock to come back on. Any ideas how to get the 12 volt power terminal back up and running (the one that’s hot / energized all the time)? Is there an inline fuse that could’ve been blown? Thanks!

Hey Crusier friends - I pulled out an after market CD stereo and Installed a classic Sony cassette deck tonight in my ‘89 Fj62. I saw a spark and think I shorted out the hot constant feed wire (clock quit working and radio didn’t work when connected to the 12 bolt energized hot wire from the factory harness). Replaced fuses. Temporarily connected the stereo to cig lighter accessory wire - so it works (but doesn’t keep memory for stations or radio settings after turning key off), so no constant hot feed. Plus, can’t get my clock to come back on. Any ideas how to get the 12 volt power terminal back up and running (the one that’s hot / energized all the time)? Is there an inline fuse that could’ve been blown? Thanks!

no inline

but a dedicated radio fuse in your fuse box should be the only 5A one in truck

use your FSM or owners manual to locate fuse

do you need a factory OEM toyota genuine parts fj62 period correct new service spec connectors pigtail assy by chance ?

like below

if so PM me

thanks
matt

fyi my wires come all labeled and with directions sheet also

plug and play.,

OEM
Yazaki parts ...

F2A0991A-A8B9-4BA3-8A07-8DC97E9F4403.jpeg
A42501BE-B6F4-4CA5-86DC-AF6109929563.jpeg
249EDCD9-135D-4F65-893C-F2B02A911E16.jpeg

no inline

but a dedicated radio fuse in your fuse box should be the only 5A one in truck

use your FSM or owners manual to locate fuse

do you need a factory OEM toyota genuine parts fj62 period correct new service spec connectors pigtail assy by chance ?

like below

if so PM me

thanks
matt

fyi my wires come all labeled and with directions sheet also

plug and play.,

OEM
Yazaki parts ...

View attachment 2640909View attachment 2640910View attachment 2640914
Hey ToyotaMatt - thanks for the tip on the 5A fuse. I’ll try that today. I don’t need the harness yet but would you mind sharing the color direction into so I can see if I wired mine up right? The aftermarket deck I installed only has one connector input so I don’t need the factory connectors / pigtail yet, but might at some point! Oh, do you know which fuse keeps the clock time saved when the engine is off? Is it same as dome light?

Hey ToyotaMatt - thanks for the tip on the 5A fuse. I’ll try that today. I don’t need the harness yet but would you mind sharing the color direction into so I can see if I wired mine up right? The aftermarket deck I installed only has one connector input so I don’t need the factory connectors / pigtail yet, but might at some point! Oh, do you know which fuse keeps the clock time saved when the engine is off? Is it same as dome light?

do u have a FJ62 FSM or EWD chassis body or stand alone wire diagram mini FSM by chance

do u have a FJ62 FSM or EWD chassis body or stand alone wire diagram mini FSM by chance
I don’t. I found the page from the FSM for a 1988 FJ62 but not 1989 like I have. Not certain wiring color is same schematic, though both are fj62s.

Thanks - yep, that's my assumption. Do you have the stereo wiring color schematic for 1989 in PDF that you might be able to share? Appreciate all your help!

Thanks! No rush - I fixed my power issue!!
Curious what your issue ended up being. I have the same problem. Radio worked. Fuse shorted. and now there is no power to the clock or radio.

Curious what your issue ended up being. I have the same problem. Radio worked. Fuse shorted. and now there is no power to the clock or radio.
Check the dome light fuse - Apparently I knocked that one out too but had forgotten to check it. I swapped that one out today and it fixed the constant power to the clock and radio memory too. Hope that works.

Thanks so much! But, I don’t need the ewd pages anymore. Turns out I had more blown fuses than I realized. All good now.

10-4

glad it worked itself out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom