Radio/stereo for LC 100 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Good luck Greg - keep us posted on the install (with pics of course...). A question: does the Alpine (or any of these double-din head units) have capability to be dimmed? A dim-able feature would be great; many of these are not. The JVC screen in my wife's car is like a lighthouse at night - way too bright, and not dimmable.

Good luck Greg - keep us posted on the install (with pics of course...). A question: does the Alpine (or any of these double-din head units) have capability to be dimmed? A dim-able feature would be great; many of these are not. The JVC screen in my wife's car is like a lighthouse at night - way too bright, and not dimmable.

I'd be amazed if they were not dimmable. Pretty sure it has a dimmer wire to tap in to factory cluster wiring so that it is dimmed with the gauges. I'm sure there is a way to just set the display to a preferred brightness from the menus if you didn't care about linking it to the cluster bulb dimming.

I'll check the online manual to confirm.

EDIT: manual shows plenty of dimming options for this unit.

-G

Last edited:
Hello,

Got my 2001 LC couple months ago. Thought the speakers were blown but turns out previous owner replaced all the door speakers with alpine speakers and didn't install them correctly and didn't secure them so they rattle. Not blown. All the speakers work so I'll keep them. I want to upgrade the factory head unit to probably the Alpine ILX-007. My question is. What type of wiring harness will I need? I see so many available on SonicElectronix that not sure which one is right. I want to get away with powering all the speakers from just the after market head unit

Does anyone have experience with how that works or sound quality or what not?

I'm also going to put a sub box in the trunk area with its own amplifier. So if the alpine head unit built in amplifier can send decent mid and HF sound to the door speakers and the sub amp covers the bass, would this work good?

Thanks!

Alpine announced a wireless version of the iLX-007 a couple months back... FYI

-G
Thank you yeah I heard about that. Still outweighing the cost difference and how much I'd use wireless

Crutchfield fills a great place in the market for people who are willing to pay a premium for a perception of service. SonicElectronix has much better pricing and great service / support as well. They are an authorized Kenwood dealer (I emailed Kenwood proper to verify).

Great to know - thanks!

Right now it looks like they are a little higher on a set-up I am looking at:

Now $499: Pioneer AVH-4201NEX Package

Or $529 at Sonic Electronix: Pioneer AVH-4201NEX Multimedia DVD Car Stereo with 7" WVGA Touchscreen Display with Android Auto and Apple Carplay

sonic gives you bonus vip dollar things when you buy something expensive there. Money you can use on whatever.
depends on what you buy though. I bought a few amps there, for the extra dollars, but I bought the pioneer on amazon.

Last edited:
sonic gives you bonus vip dollar things when you buy something expensive there. Money you can use on whatever.
depends on what you buy though. I bought a few amps there, for the extra dollars, but I bought the pioneer on amazon.

Seems like Sonic also takes a while to respond to emails...

Bumping up an old thread. Im a regular member over at t4r but looking at buying a LC100 or lx470. I was originally looking at 98 to 01 years only. But saw this from a link from T4R.org

Has anyone tried?

I have no affiliation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom