Radio mystery (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just got a 2006 land cruiser and the owner had noted the driver door speaker was not working/ very quite muffled output. I figured it was a blown speaker I went to replace it and still no audio in the new speaker. I tested the old speaker on the passenger door and it worked... to deepen the mystery I took a bluetooth phone call on the system and had full audio on the driver door speaker. Any insight here on how to troubleshoot?

the output on that channel goes into the nav ecu first before it goes to the front speakers.

I would imagine you'd only hear BT or nav voice through the tweeter, mostly. Tweet and door speaker are parallel wired.
Bypass the nav and check that channel.
unplug the nav N2 connector
find the output on the amp plug, s7 i think, grey, and hardwire a speaker
check output

They symptoms you're describing would be rare, unless someone else has been behind the door or under the seat and messed with wiring.

do you need a picture from the wiring book?

the output on that channel goes into the nav ecu first before it goes to the front speakers.

I would imagine you'd only hear BT or nav voice through the tweeter, mostly. Tweet and door speaker are parallel wired.
Bypass the nav and check that channel.
unplug the nav N2 connector
find the output on the amp plug, s7 i think, grey, and hardwire a speaker
check output

They symptoms you're describing would be rare, unless someone else has been behind the door or under the seat and messed with wiring.

do you need a picture from the wiring book?
Yeah I was suprised at what i observed. A picture from the wiring book would be great, I am a EE so that would be great!

AUI and AUO next to each other. nav ecu os the middle box. N2 connector.

1629467249850.png

1629467349565.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom