Radio Mic Clip Placement In 62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm having a hard time finding a suitable place to hang the mic. I refuse to go drilling holes all over the place so I have been carefully analyzing possible mounting locations & nothing is looking professional. I am completely confident most all on here are seasoned fanatics so please show me what you came up with Mudders! Thanks, Darren

I put my mic clip on the plastic blank to the far right
. That way I can just find another blank if I want to undo.

That looks good, almost like it belongs there... my 62 is set up differently & my three ARB switches are going there. We installed them on the center console last week when the lockers went in but they need moved, I keep bumping them. Thanks for the response.

I too am not a big fan of drilling holes. I ended up mounting my CB overhead with the mic clip attached to the side of the radio. Used a CB radio mount designed for a J**p (blasphemy for sure) mounted using the factory rear view mirror mount. Leaves my dash free and clear to keep mostly stock and no extra holes to drill other than in the CB mount itself to line up with the mirror mounting holes:

IMG_4311.JPG
IMG_4317.JPG
IMG_4318.JPG

Not really the topic of your thread but thought I would throw it out there. Apologies if found not helpful.

The magnetic clip idea seems nice though.

Somewhere on IH8Mud I found these mic holders that replace a switch blank. It might have been in the 80 section. I don’t remember if I had to trim it but if so, it was minimal.

I completely understand your opposition to drilling, but this is the best location I’ve found for ARB locker switchers. They’re very accessible, no reaching sound the shifter, and I can find them without looking.

E6B3355D-8526-4A7C-9011-CC7DE19EEAF8.jpeg

38CCA2BE-D0F2-40C0-A57A-6619847478EF.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom