Radio light repair? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know somebody that will repair burned bulbs on a stock lx 450 radio?

Does anyone know somebody that will repair burned bulbs on a stock lx 450 radio?

i only repair & upgrade to LED the older units , 1960's to early 1980's

there IS a thread on a member doing just what u need done , i did not look hard ..........

good luck :)

I used factoryradioservice.com on multiple radios including my lx450 leds. You mail it in and he mails it back. He can also put in a discrete aux in jack on the face of the radio to maintain the stock look.

I was able to restore the display lighting by swapping in a bulb from a different location. The LX radio may be different though.

Since then, after much searching, I was finally able to find the right bulbs.

The ones I needed are 3mm 14V 80mA. I should note that they kept sending me the 60mA bulbs at first, good thing I tested them first!

I was able to restore the display lighting by swapping in a bulb from a different location. The LX radio may be different though.

Since then, after much searching, I was finally able to find the right bulbs.

The ones I needed are 3mm 14V 80mA. I should note that they kept sending me the 60mA bulbs at first, good thing I tested them first!
Did these bulbs you found work on the circuit board for the buttons as well? Or just for the LCD backlight display? I’m looking for both and would prefer to switch to LED, the link to the person who repairs radios above, did not go through seems to be dead.
71942404362__7E88D84F-4689-4146-9E08-A68E8B02A5CB.jpeg

IMG_3961.jpeg

Did these bulbs you found work on the circuit board for the buttons as well? Or just for the LCD backlight display? I’m looking for both and would prefer to switch to LED, the link to the person who repairs radios above, did not go through seems to be dead.
View attachment 3460064
View attachment 3460067
I'm not sure about the surface-mount bulbs, but I do still have a lot of spares on hand. Can you remove a good one from the circuit and measure its current draw (at 14V)? Also measure the physical dimensions, I'll see if I have some that match.

Sorry, I can't help you with LED's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom