Radio hole plate? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Guys,

Could any single din plate work to cover the hole where a radio would go on a 1974? Or is there something specific about the dash cutout? I really want to cover my hole, but as you well know there aren't any covers available...

Jonny

I really want to cover my hole, but as you well know there aren't any covers available...

I just bought one a couple of months ago, right here on Mud in the Classifieds. I just searched through the classifieds until I found an old ad, and PM'ed the owner if it had sold or not - the first one I tried, he still had it. Paid $40 for it IIRC; expensive for a piece of plastic but worth it to me to have the stock OEM piece.

They also pop up on eBay from time to time, just have to keep looking. I think I paid around the same ($40) for the one I picked up.

I just bought one a couple of months ago, right here on Mud in the Classifieds. I just searched through the classifieds until I found an old ad, and PM'ed the owner if it had sold or not - the first one I tried, he still had it. Paid $40 for it IIRC; expensive for a piece of plastic but worth it to me to have the stock OEM piece.

If it was going on my 1970 I would drop that, but on the 74 I'm not willing to spend $40 for a piece of plastic. As for my question, does it look like just a regular single DIN size?

Thanks,
Jonny

If it was going on my 1970 I would drop that, but on the 74 I'm not willing to spend $40 for a piece of plastic. As for my question, does it look like just a regular single DIN size?

No, it's smaller than DIN size by about 1cm.

Amaurer has made something similar in the past. I'd like one too. Maybe we can talk him into making a batch.

I can make plates to order, but they have flat backs, not the stock little clippies (which are a pain to mold... so I don't). You're on your own to find a way to hold them in place - I've used double sided tape and some spring steel to make clips.

$10 if you want one... though my mold had started to die. If it dies on me I'll make a new one, but you'll have to wait for me to get around to it.

These are the same plates as you see on my website for my now-discontinued gauge pod product:
Kickass Stuff For Your 40-Series

I can make plates to order, but they have flat backs, ... You're on your own to find a way to hold them in place - I've used double sided tape and some spring steel to make clips.

$10 if you want one... though my mold had started to die. If it dies on me I'll make a new one, but you'll have to wait for me to get around to it.

You could make a positive mold of the hole out of playdough or something, then add that to the flat piece you're making. I'll bet it would stay in there by itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom