Radio help needed!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 2002 w/Nav and JBL audio system. Radio worked fine one day and no audio, not even the antenna) worked the next. I have replaced the factory amp and Nav screen without any change.

I noticed that the radio/tape deck buttons weren’t working at all, so I replaced that. After replacing the radio/tape deck everything will turn on, antenna goes up and down, and all the buttons seem to work, but there’s ZERO sound.

I have checked for power, grounds, and continuity. All seem good. One wire in question is the blk/red wire from the radio to the amp labeled “amp” I’m not sure if it’s supposed to have power or not.?.? I use a jumper and have it 12v and all of a sudden I had music coming out of the speakers full blast!, but the volume control was inoperable. Not sure if I bypassed it or what.

So, I’m not sure if my radio is bad and not sending a signal to the amp, or if the amp is bad and not turning on.?.?.

All parts that I bought were used of course. Any and all help is very much appreciated!!!

C7A394D6-24CC-44AC-BB70-EEA84E530CEB.jpeg

5E91776B-B1B8-4FFC-8BEC-B83D8D041FF5.jpeg

Hint: put that line on a variable voltage supply, see if the volume level changes. You may find the function and home brew solution in one fell swoop!

Hint: put that line on a variable voltage supply, see if the volume level changes. You may find the function and home brew solution in one fell swoop!
I've had that thought, believe me! Having said that, I just want everything to be factory and to work as it should. My local dealership(yes, thats how desperate I am) couldn't even help me!

That could be more challenging since it is probably circuit board level fixes. Are you comfy at that level?

Maybe a Tesla screen upgrade is in your future!

That could be more challenging since it is probably circuit board level fixes. Are you comfy at that level?

Maybe a Tesla screen upgrade is in your future!

I am NOT comfy at that level!LOL
I haven't done much research on the Tesla screens. I'm not sure if they are plug and play, or if they need the factory amp working, but If they will work in a 2002 LC that came with factory Nav then I might just do that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom