Radio connector ID help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
While trying to figure out why I only have front speakers, which I was able to fix, I came across this unused connector. One of the PO’s, probably in the 2015ish timeframe, had an Alpine deck installed. Whoever did it was smart enough to get the adapter harness kit so none of the stock wires were cut but I did find this small round connector that isn’t plugged into anything. It looks like an antenna connector but about 30-40% smaller. My aftermarket deck doesn’t have a spot for it and neither does the wire adapter harness. I tried to google pictures of the stock radio but couldn’t find any that matched.

IMG_6238.jpeg

:popcorn:

After more googling using my laptop instead of my phone it seems this connector is for the diversity antenna that is in the rear window. I’m not sure what frequencies are lost by not having it connected but since I can’t remember the last time I used the regular antenna for music it is not going to be a problem.

You can install a diversity antenna adapter that ties both antenna plugs into one plug for an aftermarket radio. I used this one for my 1999 LC:
Amazon product ASIN B015X33YHO
By utilizing the rear window antenna, your radio will receive FM stations better when the main antenna is down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom