Radio/CD for Tuffy consloe? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can't find post on which radio/CD will work at the extreme angle of the Tuffy console radio slot. Local auto audio guys say nothing will play CDs at the angle of the a tuffy install with out severe skipping at every little bump. said I'd have to get a mp3 compatable radio and run mp3 for my pre-recorded music.

So what's up with that?
Thanks
hd

I knew of someone that successfully used that slot with a CD player but I am not sure if they manufacture the player anymore. It was a Sony head unit that had a tray pop out and you had to lock the CD into place (like popping a CD back into its case). I've run regular CD head units vertically (like the D90) without any problems, but unfortunately the Tuffy slot is at that weird angle.

weird angle

DBS311 said:
I knew of someone that successfully used that slot with a CD player but I am not sure if they manufacture the player anymore. It was a Sony head unit that had a tray pop out and you had to lock the CD into place (like popping a CD back into its case). I've run regular CD head units vertically (like the D90) without any problems, but unfortunately the Tuffy slot is at that weird angle.

The local audio guy said it's not just the tuffy angle, he said vertical would not work either, like I said i know some of the mudders have said they run them.

The audio guy said that the cd was in there loose so it could be ejected, that a walkman portable had the lid that closed and held the cd in place (sounds like the unit you described may be similiar). The ejection systems, says this guy, kinda balance the cd in there loosely. flat is the only way it will stay playing..says he..?? I dunno...

Most Pioneer cd/radios will work fine till you fill them up with dust (dont ask me how I know that)
and they will not skip except for the most extreme bumps... ie going over a curb or something like that... hth
Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom