Radio Bulb Roadmap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have one bulb burned out in my 1997 radio and after some searching was unable to find good pictures of the insides of an OEM radio. So I bought a spare one and took it apart to find out what is going on in there. Call me crazy but I like my stock radio. Plus I figure this should be easier than the D light replacement.
Pictures are self explanatory. Red circle identifies a semi-hidden bulb with green sleeve. Some are LED's.

IMG_1334.JPG

IMG_1336.JPG

IMG_1337.JPG

IMG_1338.JPG

IMG_1341.JPG

Somewhere on my truck it says radio will not work if removed. Anybody have details on that?

Bulbs are burnt on mine as well, but I have a LX. I had mine apart recently and it is completely different from what you have. All the bulbs I need to replace are soldered to the circuit board.
I also started a thread to identify as many bulbs as possible, but the one you show is one I haven't seen before.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/massive-bulb-smackdown.816564/

image.jpg

landcrshr: Nice writeup. I was using the wrong key words apparently. Either way it is nice to have light.

Thanks.
Since the writeup, I found a Radio Shack bulb to replace the one I robbed from the CD-eject button position. It works OK for that location, but not bright enough for the display backlight.

Last edited:
Something like two dozen lights, anyone have a list with part numbers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom