1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Radiator warranties

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Cruiserhead05, Jul 23, 2005.

1. Cruiserhead05

Cruiserhead05 SILVER Star

So two or three months ago my 80 developed a small readiator leak. i had it in getting new tires so i just had them do the radiator for me, it was just convenient. A few days ago my new one started leaking a little, it had a small, 1 inch crack in the very bottom. Took it in yesterday to have them replace it b/c it has a "lifetime warranty"....turns out they radiator company(Radtech inc) wont cover the new radiator because my old one's fins were filled with crap/mud.....im guessing from some small mud hole at CMCC. How the mud caused the rad. to crack is beyond me because the radiator was still actually working fine, the 80 was running perfectly fine and cool.

Before i make an ass of myself and contact them to try to get some money would going through mud cause this problem and make the warranty no good?

Also, if anyone has any info on Radtech inc. please let me know....i googled them but couldnt find any contact info.

Thanks

2. lingo

lingo

I bought radiator for my 40 when I rebuilt the engine. It too came with a "lifetime warrenty". Two years later it popped a seal on the top tank. pulled the rad. took it back to the shop I got it from. Tanks popping seals are not part of that company's warrenty. radiator warrenties suck hands down

mike