Radiator time... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

mypancreasbroke

SILVER Star
Threads
So it's on my unending list of 'to-do's' and 'wants'... but I may have just put a nice little hole in my radiator. You guys that have replaced yours here in the north Texas area, what have y'all had success with, and what are y'alls recommendations?

What series LC

Ah, sorry, I neglected to mention that. Think I'm always in an '80s tech' state of mind on here. It's a '94 80 series.

It's been several years since I did mine on my old 80 - since been sold - but it wasn't difficult at all. I have also done one on my 99 LC and the wifes 09 GX. So, definitely do it yourself, as it is not hard at all. I went with a denso unit from ebay/amazon - about $200.

I put a Koyo 2 row in mine about 3 or 4 years back when my original tank top cracked (it lasted a good 20+ years, and had been rodded at least once), been fine. OEM style. My problem currently is that I have a heavily modified fan clutch for the summers, and so my temps in cold weather range from 175-181, not the 186-190 I prefer. Summer's good, however.

Awesome, thanks yall. I just installed my new fan clutch last week running 20k cst oil, definitely hearing the fan a lot more now. Have an obd1 bluetooth reader on it's way and will use it to monitor temps as I currently don't have a real time temp sensor installed and haven't modified my gauge in my instrument cluster. Also cleaned my throttle body this weekend and finally back to normal rpms, truck feels new! Also, turns out I didn't put a hole in my radiator, just had extra spilled fluid that was draining out, dodged a bullet on that one.

Also, turns out I didn't put a hole in my radiator, just had extra spilled fluid that was draining out, dodged a bullet on that one.
LOL - Thats funny right there! Glad no replacement is necessary!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom