Radiator-Swap 94 into a 97 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This thread was started as a result of my misunderstanding that a 1994 Rad was all metal. The only reason I wanted to swap rads was to gain a "full metal jacket". I may just chance it with the one I have and replace with OEM when the time comes.

I absolutely DO NOT want to sacrifice quality simply to satisfy my need to de-plastisize my rad.

Thanks again for all the input.

J

The only all metal rad I would want for my 80 is the Ron Davis Racing, it is a wonderful work of art. I tried the "average aftermarket" thing with the "Performance Radiator" rad on my 4Runner ... it had a lifetime warranty which really meant that the four times I had to replace the damn thing when it was leaking, I got it "for free" I prolly spent as much on replacement radiator fluid as I saved on that damn thing over the stocker!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: You have already told us that you dont want to pay the price for the RDR, trust me you also dont want to pay the price of replacing a radiator over and over regardless of some silly warranty worth less than the paper its written on ... so ... for you the only real option is the 93-94 three row OEM, give Dan a call and feed his dogs you wont regret it. HTH. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

You have already told us that you dont want to pay the price for the RDR, trust me you also dont want to pay the price of replacing a radiator over and over regardless of some silly warranty worth less than the paper its written on ... so ... for you the only real option is the 93-94 three row OEM, give Dan a call and feed his dogs you wont regret it. HTH. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Agreed. That is what I was trying to say. I do not want to replace my rad over and over.
If the 94 is a superior rad why is the 97 different?
Are they the same cost from Dan?

J

Agreed. That is what I was trying to say. I do not want to replace my rad over and over.
If the 94 is a superior rad why is the 97 different?
Are they the same cost from Dan?

J

The 93-94 is brass/copper, the 95 up is aluminum. Personally I think that the Al is better but it is more expensive. Both serve 80's super well, go with the brass/copper and just dont put pressure on the upper tank with your knee and you are good to go! :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom