Radiator Support Misalignment (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Embarrassing thing to post but in remaking the front cross-member inner piece, I messed up and accidentally put the four holes for radiator supports ~1cm higher than they should be… this would cause the radiator to sit about 1cm higher than it should. Someone with experience (and/or a truck to measure it), could you tell me, will this be okay? I’m worried about putting it together and the hood bumps on the radiator but if there’s enough room I wouldn’t bother remaking another piece.
Thanks!

D87D2B7F-6F76-47CD-BA75-F54C1AD13E4B.jpeg

Sorry for the spamming. Figured although it’s not pretty, it’s better to fix the problem by drilling an extra set of holes in the right location instead of worrying. Can’t figure out how to delete the thread though so I’ll just leave it here

2C74D4F6-724B-4C22-A763-3E91EE47F2B3.jpeg

I think the only issues you would have with the holes being 1cm too high would be the effect on your fan shroud placement. I assume you're going with "stock" components. Some years have more leeway in the fit of the fan to the shroud. Engine swaps are another matter entirely

I think the only issues you would have with the holes being 1cm too high would be the effect on your fan shroud placement. I assume you're going with "stock" components. Some years have more leeway in the fit of the fan to the shroud. Engine swaps are another matter entirely
Yeah, looking back at this I realize you’re absolutely right and I forgot about this. Luckily I did move the rad mounts back but I definitely could have run into problems if I didn’t.
Thanks for the advice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom