Radiator results (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Three weeks with the new Ron Davis radiator in and I am consistently running 5 degrees cooler than normal. Use to temp out at 220, and occasionally soar above that especially when stopped in traffic. I can now run with A/C on stopped in traffic & it stays at 215. Highly highly recommend it.

Here's the link, for model # & cost. Zero fabrication it drops right in.
Thing is you want to p/up the drain plug. It is a recessed plug which threads in & tightens using a large allen wrench.

DON'T however buy the radiator cap it is not only over priced but it is the wrong one per the manufacturers instructions.

Manufacturer advises (in the literature) to put a 17lb cap on not the 13lb that MAF sells.

Love this radiator. It was worth every penny.

http://www.man-a-fre.com/parts_accessories/aluminumradiators.htm

Last edited:
Corbet said:
I looked for it on the rod davis site. Not there. I'm wondering if you tried to purchae it direct? MAF price is $$$ as usual.

Ya I know. I originally called Ron Davis radiators and after talking with one of their sales guys, who actually had to ask someone, I was informed that MAF was the exclusive account for 60 series radiators. So I sucked it up & spent the dough. Honestly I would wait on tires, bumpers, etc. and slap one of these in first. My .02

Why did you need one of these fancy radiators? I have a 4 core that was new last year and it cools great. I was having issues prior that turned out to be a poorly functioning cap. The Ron Davis ones look really cool, if you pardon the bad pun, but I'm suprised you need that much cooling power.

Undoubtedly had I used practically any other radiator the truck would be running just fine w/in the normal temp range. However seeing as I was heading out on buisness for just over 2 months to the middle of the desert, (fortunately during the months of fall) I didn't want to have any potential problems arise. That's pretty much why I went with it. I know there are others available but a few friends recommended the Davis so I threw down for it. I wish though that MAF wasn't the only source.

Brian, it's the standard bulletproof I6. Untill I can determine that CA DMV will allow a 4 or 6BT swap & still be able to register it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom