Radiator recommendations (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 1991 cruiser, I need to replace the radiator ass and I’m not sure which one to go with? I see a large variance in price. $250- $500. Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. 1991 4.0 155hp

I have a 1991 cruiser, I need to replace the radiator ass and I’m not sure which one to go with? I see a large variance in price. $250- $500. Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. 1991 4.0 155hp
I have a 97, not a 91 but most people seem happy with an OEM radiator. They aren't cheap but they have been proven. Some also have decent luck with Koyo aluminum rads. Cheaper but apparently OK. Can't speak from experience on those though. What I can tell you is I had my OEM (pretty sure it was original) rad start leaking from a cracked top tank around 240k miles. I patched it with JB weld and drove it like that for another year before I had the money to drop a new OEM unit in. Sketchy? Yeah. But it worked. Toyota chooses their part manufacturers carefully.

I've had really good luck with Denso. You can also go with the all metal ones and not have to worry about it again if you have the funds. I'm speaking for a 96 though. Not sure what's available for a 91.

Last edited:
If anyone has a website or company they recommend please put it in the thread.

Thank you in advance

CSF 2709 about $350. All metal. That's for the FJ80 specifically. Get one from a place with easy returns because it seems like a lot of radiators get damaged in transit.

i picked up an ebay 3 row and will see how well it does. My OEM radiator took a dump @ 230k and since i replaced with a new CSF and it gave me nothing but overheating and what not so i replaced it again with a Ron Davis. It has been 3 yrs since my RD, and it worked flawlessly until i made a mistake and destroyed the RD on the trail. I have a new RD ordered, but it is a 2-3 months wait. So ebay junk is going in this weekend in the meantime...

CSF 2709 about $350. All metal. That's for the FJ80 specifically. Get one from a place with easy returns because it seems like a lot of radiators get damaged in transit.
i personally would stay far far away with CSF just because i had bad experience with it on my 3FE. It might be fine for a stock rig and cooler climate zone, but certainly not good enough for my application.

i personally would stay far far away with CSF just because i had bad experience with it on my 3FE. It might be fine for a stock rig and cooler climate zone, but certainly not good enough for my application.
This post makes me laugh because after about a week and a half of searching… guess which one I found?! Yes you got it CSF! I thought I had found a good company that made a good product and now you’re making me second-guess…. :(

This post makes me laugh because after about a week and a half of searching… guess which one I found?! Yes you got it CSF! I thought I had found a good company that made a good product and now you’re making me second-guess…. :(

Some people have had problems. A lot of people have not. If you can't do OEM or Ron Davis, you're taking a gamble on anything you buy. See how it does and if it doesn't do well, return it. Just make sure you find a place that sells them with a good return policy.

yeah welcome. I did my research too when my OEM blew and did my own research and settled on a CSF. I had actually spend the time and money to even install it and had seat time with it on the trail and pavement. So take it as a grain of salt. It might end up working well for you, but for me, I would never touch CSF again..just my .02

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom