Radiator re-core shops (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.oldenorthstatecruisers.com
Any recommendations on a reputable radiator shop that can pressure test and re-core.

The 55 radiator has a leak and want to keep factory if I can. Options for 60 retrofit and Plymouth duster retrofits but want to see condition of mine first.

TIA.

Found Port City Auto Supply on rivers and they knocked out a clean and repair in 2 days.

The 55 radiators are no longer available so this was my next bed at option before having Griffin build an aluminum one.

Found Port City Auto Supply on rivers and they knocked out a clean and repair in 2 days.

The 55 radiators are no longer available so this was my next bed at option before having Griffin build an aluminum one.
The radiator on my 40 has sprung a bit of a leak at the upper seam. I'd also like to keep the OEM radiator and this one is only about 6 or 7 years old. Replacing the radiator is one of the first things I did when I got this truck so it's not old, but not new either, if that makes sense? Anyhow, Toyota isn't making these anymore, so like you, I'd like to keep it stock. How much did the rebuild and pressure check set you back? Just curious, I think I can probably find a NOS 2F radiator for around $450 or so, but if the rebuild is around the same cost, that might be a better direction.

$85 for clean and repair. However it sprung again and the 55 probably doesn’t have 300 miles since the work was done pre Covid. They have honored to repair again I’ve just been lazy in taking time to pull it again.

Okay... Hrmmm... It's probably a bigger pain getting the radiator out of the 55 than the 40. I think the repair should be simple enough, though, certainly more simple than a re-core. Will let you know how it goes when the leak gets bad enough to motivate me to pull the radiator. Right now it is just wetting up top and the reservoir is still full. I wiped it down and drove it out to Mt Pleasant yesterday but I haven't checked to see if there's radiator fluid inside the engine bay or not. Anyhow, thanks for the response. Al, Keefer, and Garrett are headed down to CHS on Thursday, I believe.

I know you were talking about keeping stock, but I put a new aluminum one in the Chick'n for $120.00 on ebay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom