Radiator flush kit - T location (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

zcruiser

Needs monitoring
Threads
Need to put a Prestone flush kit on my FJ62. Before I cut a hose, wanted to confirm that the "T" goes between the two green lines I've marked on this hose:

rad_flush.JPG

TIA, don't really see any other place it could go....

I also bought Preston flush kit but still I didn't install because I couldn't determin which hose I must cut

On an Fj62 that I parted out earlier this year, a PO had installed one of those flush kits, but the T was installed much further back, on a hose line closer to the firewall on the passenger side of the engine. Sorry, I don't have any pictures.

If that is the highest place the coolant is going to flow through, then it's the correct place

Thanks, all. I read some instructions on rad flush, but it mentioned needing a 2" section of 5/8" hose to do the job. I can't see needing any extra hose in this location, in fact plan on taking OUT about a 2" section in the hose in the pic to put in the T.

I probably won't get to this until August, but will update with an installed pic when I do for future reference. Seems like the right place to me.

I like to put the flush T up near the fire wall near the heater control valve. It makes it simple to vent the air out of the system.

I just recently purchased one too for my FJ60 and its directions cleary said to intall it on the heater line near the firewall...
That seems to be the easiest place to access it too.
Jason

Yeah I put one on my 40 and I have it comin between the oil fill tube and the water pump. It flushed it so I'm assuming I put it in the right place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom